How much do you pay for a CO2 tank? Refill?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My last refill was about $12 for a 20 lb tank and $15 for a 5 lb at Nexair. Not sure why the 5 lb was more expensive -- I would have figured price per pound would be higher, but not to that degree. Either way, I am happy with their pricing but I'll probably keep my focus on 20 lb refills.

I use a welding supply store near me. For years I've refilled 5 lb tanks. Then kicked myself for not going 20 Lb. earlier which is only a couple dollars more.

Just spent $19.00 on a 20# exchange at Buckeye Welding Supply in Sterling, CO. If the hydro is out of date they charge $18. I was going to try to swap my 20# for two 10's until they told me a 10# exchange is $18.00. I asked why so much and they said 10# bottles aren't very common around here... guess I'll keep my 20 and keep swapping it.

I'm paying $26 for 5# beverage grade swap at the local Scott Gross/ Amer. Welding Gas. I can get a refill for $15 but I've got to drive an hour one way and they can't tell me if it's bev. grade.

Back