How much do you drink a day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treacheroustexan

Reaction score
I tried searching but didn't see a thread. How many beers do you normally drink a day? I work 2nd shift till 11pm, and usually have 2 or 3 a night after work and more on the weekends. I was just curious if that was considered "a lot". How much do you drink a day?

Haven't had a beer in three days. I've got plenty on-hand to drink, just haven't been in the mood. However, I am considering opening up one of my Pale Ales just before I go to bed. Which I need to do soon if I'm going to have one. It's late.

Usually 1-2. Had a homebrew lager last night after work, then a half glass or so of homebrew Amber.

I might have 3 a day on the weekend if I'm just hanging around the house doing this and that.

Not every day for me and almost never more than three in a day. It varies depending on what I have on hand, how strong it is, and what I have to do the next day. Anything stronger than 7% I usually save for the weekend.

1/2 a beer to 1 full beer but not everyday, most days but not everyday.

My wife and I spit beers, this is why I say 1/2, 1 full beer when we feel like having another or have a large bottle. Every now and then, more than I care to admit when a group of us get together for beer samplings.

I give most of my homebrew beer away.

Used to be 1-2 every weeknight, and 3-4 on the other nights.

Haven't had one in 6 days... in the middle of a diet :( I might cheat tonight though.

I average 3 or so. Some nights it's 1, others might get 6. I've been known to not even drink some days. Some days.

Maybe 6 in a week, no more than a couple in any session. Those are my limits, it's better to know your own limits though. Mine aren't yours and vice versa.

(Do consider ABV though... I consider 1 as 6oz of a high ABV stout or 12oz of a session beer)

I usually go throughout the work week (except Friday) without any. I try that is. Last night I had a few.

Then on Friday and the weekends at least 6-8 after 5pm. Please don't judge :)

Prob more than my dr would recommend. Lol. Oh the trials and tribulations of being a homebrewer. To much beer on hand at all times. Lol.

Prob more than my dr would recommend. Lol. Oh the trials and tribulations of being a homebrewer. To much beer on hand at all times. Lol.

Lots of beer on hand and not enough IPAs on hand. I went to pour a glass from the keg last night only to find not even 1/4 glass left! The really good brews go so fast!

Lots of beer on hand and not enough IPAs on hand. I went to pour a glass from the keg last night only to find not even 1/4 glass left! The really good brews go so fast!

Sounds like someone needs better pipeline management.

1-2 every other weekday on average. Friday after work maybe 2 or 3. Saturdays about 4, Sundays about 6 spread out throughout the day. Im getting old and will soon be saying bye to my 20's............😧

A small pour (6oz) right before bed every night. Weekends are usually 2-5 pints per day. My weekends start on Thursdays though:) I justify it by the fact that I eat salads everyday and work out 3x/week. I'm curious to know how fellow members go through multiple kegs if they're not drinking everyday, especially with IPA's going south so fast.

That really depends, some days none, others 5 or 6 if they are a 4 to 5% and I'm drinking them over a 6 to 8 hour period. If it is a RIS or a Chocolate/Oatmeal/Irish stout that is any where from 7 to 12% then it is just one. I haven't been drunk in 20 years, after trying not to be sober for almost as long.

I drink 1-3 each weekday, none really on the weekend's for me since it usually involves hangin with the family doing this and that with the kiddos. Considering how much homebrew and commercial craft beer i have on hand in 3 fridges at home its a surprise I don't drink way more than I do.

I might have 1 on Sunday-Wednesday Night, but they 3-4 on Thursday-Saturday nights if I am hanging out with friends. So about 12 per week. I have to brew a 5 gallon batch about every 3-4 weeks to keep some on hand.

On normal days when I haven't made any plans, a pint of ale is pretty standard. If I have multiple brews I need to try, it could be more.

There was a new recommendation published here in Canada. Doctors here recommend no more than 15 drinks (355ml ABV 5%) / week for men and 7 for women. That’s not so bad.

Two or three pints after work sometimes. Sometimes none. Weekends probably five or six pints a day. I brewed 120 gal in 2014 which averages to ~ 2.5 pts per day.

I brewed 100 gallons of beer and 20 gallons of red wine and 2.5 gallons of mead in the last year. 30 gallons are big darks and hop slam clone.
rest are 4-5 percent ipa's. so that figures out to 16 pints a week and 2 bottles of wine. 10 gallons of wine is cellared until I have 10 gallons a year turning 5 years old again.

I used to work swing shift (1000-2200) Mon/Wed/Thurs but am now on 0700-1900 Mon/Thurs/Fri. I limit myself to Fri/Sat drinking only, as I go to the gym 4-5x a week. For awhile, I was having a beer or drink almost every night, and started to skip the gym and/or ate like crap. Ive since revised that schedule and got back on my routine of clean eating and gym time. I typically drink Fri nights, hit or miss Sat. Ill down some pints on the weekends, or a few scotchs or bourbons neat. I have trouble sleeping so I tend to stay up til 2 or 3 watching tv or movies. I dont get to the point where Im hammered (Luckily I have a good tolerance).

Nothing against having a few during the week, I just save all mine up for the weekend.

Its about quality, not quantity. I start off the morning with good, locally roasted coffee freshly ground and french pressed, drink water throughout the day, then move to locally brewed or home brewed beer after work. IMHO at this point in my life, anything under 40/week (7day week) is totally acceptable

I used to have a few every night but I need to cut back due to weight issues.

I only drink on the weekends now, and even then try to keep it low key. I'm not against having a cold one of someone stop by or it's a birthday or something.

Not enough. Just realized I've got about 5 cases on hand and I'm brewing again tomorrow. May have to switch to 1 gallon batches with how often I like to brew.

As much as my wife will let me. She always complains about my alcohol consumption, but never about me burying dead hookers in the backyard. I just don't get women...

Maybe I just need to start hiding beers in the toilet tank again.

Back