How much beer do you drink in a week?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wyobrew22

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity....those of us on this site obviously appreciate our beer but to what extent do you feed your addiction? I'm not that heavy on the drinking....expressed in 12 oz. servings I do about 20 per week. That's 2 every evening after work and more on saturdays.

For a while I was drinking around two pints a night and maybe three on the weekends, but as of late, I've stopped drinking during the week because it interferes with my training schedule. On weekends, I'll still typically have 2-3 pints when grilling/relaxing with the family.

Trying to keep the girth down a bit, but normally 1 pint to 22 oz most days during the week and normally 3-4 22oz glasses fri,sat,sunday. This is only because i'm running low now so i need to conserve.

same here - I like 2 or 3 a day. Don't always have time or *resources* for that though. My kegs are empty right now.

I was doing about 2 pints a night, but like other commenters, I also would like to keep the girth down and prevent myself from becoming a lookalike of Jaba the Hut. I limit myself to 12oz a night during the week and maybe 2 pints on weekends.

Wow! I thought I'd be the lush of the group, lol.

2 or 3 on weeknights, 4-5 Friday and Saturday, 1-2 sunday.

2 pints on monday and wednesday typically have 3 on friday and saturday.

I dont drink tuesday thursday or sunday due to a compromise with SWMBO. Meh, it saves me beer anyways. After I couple weeks I can notice the effect not drinking has had on my pipeline! :)

My brewing is basically on hiatus, havent brewed since last august... (well I did once but my wort chiller ****ed that up...) and the place where I'm living this summer it seems likely that I will be unable to brew. So I havent had any homebrew in a long time :(

In the past 3 months or so I've cut way back on my drinking, since I can't afford the beer I want to drink without brewing. I'm down to 1 beer 2 nights a week, then 6 or so on a weekend evening.

I've lost 8 pounds in the last month, though!

As much as it takes to pass out. :tank: Seriously, I try to brew 3 5G batches every two weeks, but I also share with friends, a little. Probably more than I should, but it's just so tasty.

Congrats on the weightloss. I almost completely stopped drinking last year when I was dropping 40lbs. I've managed to keep 30lbs of it off.

I drink 2 to 5 pints a week. But when I break into the barleywine on the weekends, it's equivalant to drinking a 6 pack.

I was drinking 2 pints weekdays and 3-4 Saturday and Sunday, but I noticed I had less and less belt poking through the buckle. I tried cutting down to one beer a night, but it is so easy to pull a tap when I walk by fridge, I generally drank two anyway. I bought a 6 oz pint shaped glass and I have fooled myself into drinking two of those each night now. I can now drink a couple different kinds each night and still only have one beer. I know I could have pulled half a pint glass instead, but it is more satisfying to see the foam at the top of the pint.
Works for me. I still drink 3 or 4 on the weekend days.

Congrats on the weightloss. I almost completely stopped drinking last year when I was dropping 40lbs. I've managed to keep 30lbs of it off.

I drink 2 to 5 pints a week. But when I break into the barleywine on the weekends, it's equivalant to drinking a 6 pack.

Thanks! Beer, it would seem, is a major source of calories/carbs for me... I'm in my early 20's still, so shedding weight is not difficult. My goal is 14 more pounds by the end of the summer...

and I hear you about the barleywine. Its probably one of my favorite types of beer, I keep the bigfoot I have stashed up on a shelf in a closet and only have one when I feel celebratory...

2-4 pints weekdays, more on weekends. I don't want to gain weight, so everytime I have a beverage choice other than beer (breakfast, lunch, at work) I take water, unsweetened iced tea or black coffee. I trade not drinking soft drinks and not eating fast food for the ability to drink many beers. worth it to me!! it's amazing how much beer your body can handle if you don't spend those calories on unhealthy food and soft drinks!

I take the train home from work and depending on my day it could be, 2 to 3 pints a week on the commute home. If I'm BBQing, I'm good for 2. Then maybe 3 or 4 while watching football, baseball, basketball, etc.

3-4 weekdays and a bit more on the weekend, depending on what I'm drinking. I'm going to need to cut back and lose some of this weight though. I love this brew and try to cut out those less fun calories, like food. I mean really, have you ever tried to go to sleep sober? It's horrible.

This is my normal equation but it changes with the seasons.

I drink beer every night after diner, 1-3 depends on what I am doing to get thirsty. I drink until "severely impaired" about 1 or 2 days a month but this also includes whiskey and/or car bombs.

In the summer I go on weekend and extended fishing and camping trips in tents or pop up campers. I have had beer for breakfast on these. I have also drank 30+ beers a day on these. These normally do NOT include any whiskey or very little.

In the fall/early winter is hunting time. I normally will have a beer or 2 and my whiskey flask along. I will not get a "buzz" while I hunt.

In the winter I go Ice fishing and really only drink whiskey on these days.

Now in order to be specific here:
-Beer = Smithwick's or home brew
-Whiskey = Jameson or any single malt scotch that name starts with "Glen"
-Car bomb = a pint glass of Guinness with a shot glass 1/2 full of whiskey and the other half of baileys; dropped into the pint and "slammed as fast as possible".

You ever try a car bomb with a full shot of whiskey and no baileys? I like those much better....that baileys makes it seem like a sweet milkshake to me

I like one a day, except weekends i go for 2-4. I am actually trying to cut back so I do not have any during the week - Even just one makes feel WAY more tired the next day than if I have none. I cannot afford to be run down...

I am finding cutting down to be harder than it sounds though.

2-3 per weeks. Yes, I'm a little drinker. Sometime, I go as far as 4-5 when I drink with friend, but that's as far as I go.

Usually one on friday and one on saturday. Yesterday, I discovered Hacker-Pschor Hefe Weisse. Tonight? Don't know, but I might end up drinking the same thing as I loved it as hell.

I could drink more, but then I would have to exercise a little bit more. And well... I'll check what I can do this summer ;).

Incidentally, this is also why I only brew 2.5 gallons batch about once a month and a half.

Up until recently it was nothing for me to have 4-5 a night after work and more on weekends if we weren't going any where. I hadn't gained any weight in well over a year but I had wanted to get back in shape for quite some time. Two months ago I started working out and stopped drinking beer during the week and only having a couple per day on weekends and really watching what I eat. It's taking a long time to kick start my metabolism because I've only lost a few pounds. Patients really is a virtue. I really miss my beer. :(

I usually drink a couple a night during the week, then I'll drink a six pack if I'm home by myself or more if I go out during my 3 day weekends.

I guess I'm like most others. I drink anywhere from 1-3 pretty much every night and on some occasions, none at all.

No beers Monday-Thursday. I'll drink a case+ easy on the weekend. Usually a twelve pack of home brew and a couple "research" six packs. I cant just have one or two. Doesn;t work like that around here.

I usually have one pint every day. Maybe I'll have one every couple of days.

When I've got plenty to spare, I might have 3 or 4 pints on Friday and Saturday night.

If I'm grilling on Sunday, I'll usually partake in 1 or 2 pints.

Right now 1.5L a night for me. I'm unemployed right now and am doing work around the house. At home alone during day so start to drink around 4pm and by 7pm am done for dinner.

I drink on an empty stomach so I can get tipsy and buzzed.

When I land a new job and am all focused on my work then I'm sure that will chage. I don't like to start drinking too late.

I like to drink. I really do enjoy it. It's my own little goal to shoot for each day and keeps me from eating too much food.

I love beer and alchohol. I also love smoking too but had to quit last summer. The green I dont like.

I've been with and without drink and I can say that my life is better and I enjoy life overall with my few pints each night. I also really loved ciggarettes too..

I used to go out and smoke and have my own 'alone' time and get into this trance and collect my thoughts.

You ever try a car bomb with a full shot of whiskey and no baileys? I like those much better....that baileys makes it seem like a sweet milkshake to me

Yes, I have had an Irish boilermaker as you describe, it really doesn't do much for me. I normally use the car bomb to break things up a bit without mixing all kinds things together.

See, it all seems we love to drink our homebrew, but how many of us really ever get **** faced from drinking them? I know that I drink more often than most people, but that doesn't really mean that I'm drunk.

Now I'm not talking about those Irish Car Bomb guys, those get you **** canned.

See, it all seems we love to drink our homebrew, but how many of us really ever get **** faced from drinking them?

This may sound odd but I fully intend on home brews being my main beer 95% of the time. The other 5% I will be in a bar (That just doesn't happen often.) Sure I could drink a 6ER of HB and then switch over to Brand X to conserve on my HBs BUT I am going to try and brew larger and larger batches until I am only drinking HB. I even have plans on converting some of my friends who already have tried a few and all I hear is "MORE PLEASE!"; Of course they will be buying the ingredients. :rockin:

Latest posts

Back