How many regulators can be daisy chained off a tank valve?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opqdan

Reaction score
I have a 3 tap kegerator that I'd like to re-plumb the gas lines. I dispess each keg with (possibly) different pressures. Currently I have a primary regulator with a wye fitting, one side goes to soda (30 psi) and the other goes to a set of secondary regulators that step down the pressure further (12 psi and 9 psi currently).

This setup takes up a ton of room, and is not very simple to mount in the fridge so I was thinking of replacing it with a daisy chained set of regulators coming off of the CO2 tank. I see 2 pressure systems sold all over the place, but none that have 3 separate serving pressures (so 4 gauges total). I can build a 3 regulator system with my existing parts, but is there a reason they don't seem to exist?

Is there a maximum number of gauges I can chain before putting too much strain on the tank valve? My tank is mounted on the compressor hump and is latched into place safely so there is no worry of falling over.

Head over to the "Show us you kegerator" thread and you'll see guys who put 10 together. I'm not certain what the practical limit is, but I know it is at least 10.

I don't think there's any reason you couldn't run a dozen or more regulators from a single tank, but there is a practical limit to how many primary regulators you can hang directly on a tank - like when it falls over from all that weight.

There's no reason you couldn't run a multitude of ganged primary regulators if you could secure everything, though the usual practice in such cases is to run a high pressure hose from the tank to a valve gang that's been attached to something solid (like a keezer collar or a wall)...

Cheers!

Back