How many Kegs do you have

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 6 currently, two in keggerator, the others are just sitting waiting for beer. One beer in fermentor , another one this week. I would like to get a few more just to have.

4 for now... Soon I will have 5-10 more, depends on how well I can hide the paper work from SWMBO. Not that she cares too much, but the smaller the paper trail the better.

jay8s

I have 6. An even 10 sounds nice to me.

Here's my question for people with 20, or more(!) kegs. What the heck do you do with all the beer? Do you have lot of parties or do you regularly drink 6 pints a day?

Here's my question for people with 20, or more(!) kegs. What the heck do you do with all the beer? Do you have lot of parties or do you regularly drink 6 pints a day?

I typically have quite a few batches conditioning long term. I also have parties that will kick a keg pretty darn fast :D Then, there is the beer that I bring to other parties as well.

I probably only drink 3-4 pints per week, but I have have a good selection to choose from!

:mug:

I tell my wife that with the cost of stainless scrap going up, I'm saving for retirement.

I'm sitting at 8 with another 8 - 12 in the wings.

I have 7 corny's that were converted to Sanke tap, 8 pin lock corny's ,2 pony kegs a 1/6th barrel and a 1/2 keg that hold pressure. And several that are going to be converted to HLT's and Keggles. I just cant stop myself from buying this stuff I need help..lol

10 +all the parts for a 4 tap kegerator, just gotta find the time to refurb the freezer (one of the 4 doors was bashed in) now that the new roof is on the house.

Mine goes to 11!

6 in the kegerator with only 2 faucets right now and 4 picnic taps inside. 4 for aging conditioning. Mostly in the winter as it gets warm in the basement in the summer (up to 70!)

Wow. What a response. Well, I just picked up my whole kit tonight (The one stated in the thread starting post). I was suppose to get 8 Cornys but the fella selling me the stuff moved up to Fat boy kegs so he ended up giving me all his 13 cornys. 6 of them are in Top shape, 4 more are useable and 3 will be cannibalized for parts. so I should end up with 10 good kegs

Thanks for all the responses, so the moral of this story is.... Always be on the lookout for more kegs. I'ts like the size of your Garage, however big you build it, you always seem to need just a little bit more.

dp

I typically have quite a few batches conditioning long term. I also have parties that will kick a keg pretty darn fast :D Then, there is the beer that I bring to other parties as well.

I probably only drink 3-4 pints per week, but I have have a good selection to choose from!

:mug:
+1, except for the 3-4 a week. It's more like 3 a day. one after work, one with dinner and one after the kids in bed. I have to brew every other week to keep up with demand or once a week to build the pipeline.

I have seven, 2 pin lock and 5 ball lock. That gives me four for my keggerator, 2 for my cold plate cooler system, and one for bulk ageing. I think I need around 3-4 more for meads and ciders to properly age them.

15 and 2 3gal. ones. I want a few more. At one point just before our annual pig roast I had all but one filled. Of course I had 4 empty ones immediately after the pig roast.

just bought a conversion kit... 4 corny's...

done with bottling, on with the keggin....

two beers going in kegs this weekend...

dcam3473fg8.jpg

Back