How many gallons of mead, 2021

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
;) Yeah, I was going to suggest that maybe you would hit that by yourself, but I have no idea of the output of a commercial meadery.

3 gallons of BOMM,
1 gallon of Sainfoin honey traditional with BOMM yeast & feeding protocols,

332.7 + 4 = 336.7

Last edited:
You are right some of us were holding back….
5 gallons dark wildflower/eastern buckwheat back sweetened with the dark wildflower and maple syrup (that I got from my trees this year) and aged on medium toast Hungarian oak for 3 1/2 months
4 gallons sweet donut peach mead
5 gallons cyser
1 gallon what I call frankenblueberry
(1/2 gallon mead blended with 1/2 gallon cider aged on 4.25lbs blueberries
336.7 + 15= 351.7

3 gallons JAOM
5 gallons raspberry
1 gallon cherry
1 gallon blueberry
1 gallon peach pie
1 gallon caramel apple

351.7+ 12 = 363.7

1.5 gallons Pineapple w/wildflower honey
1.5 gallons Dandelion w/dandelion honey

Both with BOMM yeast & feeding protocols

363.7 + 3 = 366.7

Got another 5 gallons of Blackberry/Cherry melomel going and a hibiscus Mead experiment.

Got another 5 gallons of Blackberry/Cherry melomel going and a hibiscus Mead experiment.

That BlackBerry/ Cherry sounds delicious. A few of questions, if I may, please.
1. How many times have you made this?
2. What was your OG & FG, please?
3. Would you mind sharing your recipe & process, please?
Thanks, in advance, if you do. 👍😁

My blackberry recipe is still getting a minor tweek here or there just to see if I can refine it. Pulled the fruit bag and topped up with a gallon of water and 3# 1.2 oz honey.

374.7 + 1.3 = 376 gallons

1.) I've made blackberry quite a bit, did a tart cherry experiment, decided it was good enough to try a 5 gallon. First time for this blackberry/cherry recipe.
2.) O.G. 1.128, approximately .5 -.6 lbs sugars in berries not in s.g.
3.) I plan to post my blackberry recipe as well as a couple variations. If you want to try it out I can post what I've made so far, blackberry and cherry variants. Planning a spiced one next.

1.) I've made blackberry quite a bit, did a tart cherry experiment, decided it was good enough to try a 5 gallon. First time for this blackberry/cherry recipe.
2.) O.G. 1.128, approximately .5 -.6 lbs sugars in berries not in s.g.
3.) I plan to post my blackberry recipe as well as a couple variations. If you want to try it out I can post what I've made so far, blackberry and cherry variants. Planning a spiced one next.
Cool, thank you. No hurry. I can wait till you're ready to post. I need to bottle some to free up a few fermentors anyway 😋🤣

Started mead making late this year, end of June. Currently bulk aging two gallons of blackberry blossom mead, used 4184. Once these get bottled, likely middle of December, I'll be rolling into another two gallons of a meadowfoam mead made with 1388

376+2=378

Started making mead August this year went buck wild. I see I'm not the only one! Most of mine will finish out next year

My batches in order so far..

1 gallon JAOM
1 gallon blueberry
5 gallons black currant
5 gallons blueberry
1 gallon blueberry & black currant
1 gallon blueberry and bourbon barrel aged maple syrup acerglyn
1 gallon of clover traditional unspiced
1 gallon of clover traditional with sliced vanilla bean and cinnamon sticks
5 gallons blueberry bourbon barrel aged maple acerglyn (with the maple toned way down from before)
5 gallons blackberry, raspberry & black currant
1 gallon cotton candy grape pyment
1 gallon cotton candy grape & apple cyser

378 + 28 = 406

Started making mead August this year went buck wild. I see I'm not the only one! Most of mine will finish out next year

My batches in order so far..

1 gallon JAOM
1 gallon blueberry
5 gallons black currant
5 gallons blueberry
1 gallon blueberry & black currant
1 gallon blueberry and bourbon barrel aged maple syrup acerglyn
1 gallon of clover traditional unspiced
1 gallon of clover traditional with sliced vanilla bean and cinnamon sticks
5 gallons blueberry bourbon barrel aged maple acerglyn (with the maple toned way down from before)
5 gallons blackberry, raspberry & black currant
1 gallon cotton candy grape pyment
1 gallon cotton candy grape & apple cyser

378 + 28 = 406
Wow, you've been busy! :oops:

Sounds like somebody else that can't stop brewing numerous ideas 😁... *cough* Dan O...
Whaaat?😈🥴🤤🤫
Even when I'm not doing anything, I still look guilty😂🤣
Aaaaand, if there wasn't so many delicious ideas floating around in here, maybe I could stop!...............yeah right🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
7 gallons of melomel going 5 days now, looking good and healthy. Goofed some fruit proportions so as soon as I've got a primary ready going to go again.

406+7=413

OK, Guess I need to get my labor counted here. Not a lot, but having fun. Looking forward for them to maturing and not taste like rocket fuel.

(1) Gallon French Blend Cyser ( got some french blend cider juice last winter) Tasted hot and not great when I first made it, but after 6 months it tastes like a apple Liquor. Love it, a sipper

Aging
(2) one gallon batched of Cyser using some traditional cider apples and honey from my hives (blackberry)
(1) Gallon of a Crispy Hydromel (Aging till at least March 2022)
(1) Gallon of a Lemon Ginger Mead (Aging till at least March 2022)
(1) Gallon of Tart Black-Cherry/Chocolate/Vanilla Bean Mead (Aging till at least March 2022)

Still plan on doing a Bochet before the years out. Have some darker honey I will use, and then maybe try a batch with my own Blackberry honey.

Got lots of cider brewing, but that is another forum.
BPWilly

Had to move some fruit out of the freezer, started yeast and fruit yesterday, combined today in primary.

6 gallons Blackberry/Blueberry melomel.
Bpwilly's 6 gallons
New total = 425 gallons.

4 gallons of bottled mead this year (started in October)

Nord Mead (ginger, cloves, cardamon 2.5 lbs honey)
Cyser (apple juice and cinnamon stick)
Caramel Apple Bochet (fuji apples and cinnamon stick
Blackbriar Mead (cloves, blackberries, cinnamon stick, rosehips)

1 gallon orange blossom apple cider
1 gallon meadowfoam traditional with wyeast 1388
1 gallon meadowfoam vanilla with mj m05 yeast
1 gallon meadowfoam, blueberry puree, and vanilla with lalvin d47 yeast
1 gallon clover, other half of the blueberry puree can, vanilla with mj m05 yeast

got 2 lbs of meadowfoam left if anyone has ideas

Just looked up my notes from this year:
Four batches Melomel = 22 Gallons
Two batches Methyglin = 9 Gallons
Two Batches Bochet = 9 Gallons
One Batch Coffee = 6 Gallons (Not sure where that lands)

46 + 437 = 483

5 gal dry carbonated blackberry melomel
5 gal dry carbonated raspberry melomel
1 gal semi sweet mixed berry melomel
Made in Jan aging in corny kegs,

Adding in @Murph4231 numbers, 483 + 11 = 494. Can anyone bump us over 500 before the year is over?!
I will tomorrow. 🤨😉 Making 2 gallons of white flesh peach melomel, 1 gallon of Sainfoin honey traditional, 3 gallons of raspberry/ pomegranate melomel. I say tomorrow because the fruit has to thaw for a day before I make them.

Last edited:
Starting my last big batch this week, usually takes a day or two for fruit to thaw and sanitize so possibly Thursday. After that it's going to be an occasional small batch experiment for Holiday wine ideas next year, and next batch of solera bochet. Getting some shelf space cleared to start the year ready and scheduled what to brew.

Done!
4 gallons raspberry/ pomegranate melomel
3 gallons white flesh peach melomel,
1 gallon Sainfoin honey traditional.
All of the above made with wyeast 1388 (BOMM yeast) 3000 ml starter made 3 days in advance
494 + 8 = 502. 😁🥴🤪

Last edited:
Looks like I'm not going to be starting that melomel until tomorrow, oh well, have a happy new year everyone. Brew responsibly :bigmug:

5 gallons tart cherry psychopomp clone. (Session)
6 Gallons bakers honey traditional

Started on 12/23/21

11+ 502 = 513

Happy new year!

Back