How many gallons of mead? 2017

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two more BOMM! I do like the start of farmer market season with all the new local honey!

207+2=209

5 gallons cyser
213.5+5=218.5

Sorry about the math error. I had 99 on my brain.

99 bottles of mead on the wall, 99 bottles of meeeead. Take one down, pass it around, 98 bottles of mead on the wall.

Yeah, I understand.

Looks like we have 213.5+7 gallons raspberry melomel, as well as 213.5+5 gallons cyser. So we should actually be at 225.5.

Plus 1 gallon Cherry Melomel = 226.5

There was a math error back in post #20/21. I think meed + math = bad math! :drunk: The correct total should be 241.5

I have a monster cyser to add

241.5 + 1 = 242.5

JOAM and an Easy Mead.

244.5 + 2 = 246.5

(but I'm thinking of upscaling)

1 gallon local raw honey show mead
1 gallon local raw honey cherry/Lime mead

257.5 + 2 = 259.5

1 gallon Frazier fir tip Mead
1 gallon simple wildflower Mead to rack onto seasonal fruit in October

259.5 + 2 = 261.5

1 Gallon "Show Mead"
1 Gallon Peach Pie Melomel
1 Gallon Blackberry Pie Melomel
1 Gallon Raspberry Melomel
6 Gallons base mead (Type TBD)
= 319

+ 2 gal BRCC CAF mead (coffee)
+ 2 gal New York raw honey

= 323

We made a 5 gallon batch for Christmas two years ago.

1 gallon fall honey
5 gallon apple juice or cider
1 cup mulling spices
1/2 vanilla bean
D47 yeast

Add 4 and 1/2 gallons apple juice/cider to mix, and reserve one half to top off in carbon. Use juice for more light apple flavor and cider for more spiced flavor

This yeast is monstrous :O

I am trying to back sweeten my 1 gallon batches and I have been adding honey 4OZ (10 points) at a time trying to hit a final gravity of 1.010. It fermented my first three additions of that dry to 1.000. I just added a fourth round of honey and it started bubbling even more! My gravity reading today before adding honey was 1.001, 4 days since my last addition, so I hope the yeast has reached it's alcohol tolerance, because I've already added an extra pound of honey to each 1 gallon jug! I believe the abv is just above 17% right now, it will go higher if this keeps fermenting at this rate.

I remember Bray said he achieved 19%abv with this yeast by adding 1oz at a time, so I figured I would add 4 at a time and it wouldn't reach that high, but it looks like it just might.

For my big 5 or 6 gallon batch I have planned I am going to scale up and double the amount of honey added for each round. So for 5 gallons I think I will add 2 pounds at a time until the yeast poop out.

I'm going to need to go out and buy a lot of honey in the next week or so :D

1.5 gallons Mana (blue) Mead. Butterfly pea blossoms.
1.5 gallons of what will be called "White Girl." A pumpkin honey mead, spiced.
344+3 = 347

Latest posts

Back