How Many Gallons of Mead 2015 Edition!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarshmallowBlue

Reaction score
Another Year, Another Thread. So let's see how many gallons we've made combined this year. Just add your totals in to the last person to post. I'll go first obviously.

We will go by Brew date and not bottled date, so as long as yeast is pitched between Jan1 and Dec 31, 2015; it counts

In 2013: We Reached 1,156 Gallons
In 2014: We Reached 1,742 Gallons

Can we get 2 years in a row of mead making growth?!!! :ban:

Anyways. I haven't made anything yet!

so,

0 Gallons

3 gal black currant infused mead
3 gal peach and elderberry infused mead
5 gal raspberry mead
1st year brewer

Made another gallon of traditional Mead today with goldenrod honey
leftover from last year. Lavlin EC 1118/ SG 1.114

22+1 = 23 gallons

1 gal. Traditional (wildflower)
2.5 gal. JAOM
2.5 gal. Cyser
35 + 6 = 41 gallons.

46 gallons

+ 1 gallon Saffron/Preserved Lemon Mead

+ 5 gallons Black Briar Mead

=

52 gallons

6 gal traditional (for blending with last year's too sweet experimental)

5 gal BOMM

5 gal BOMM (blending w/ juice to create 6 gal apple/cherry cyser. This count as 5 or 6?)

57 + 16 = 73

6 gallons of a cote des blanc semi-sweet "quick mead" and 1 gallon test batch of a hopped saison cyser (amazing).

= 104 gallons

113+
1 gal corriander acerglyn
1 gal ginger acerglyn
1 gal blood orange

Total 116

Oooh a ginger acerglyn sounds awesome.

Add 3 gallons of my hopped saison cyser to the tally and a 1 gallon test batch of a hopped red radish acerglyn that I'm not real impressed with.

= 120

+

3 Gallons of Apple Pie Mead

+

1 Gallon of Mango Mead for SWMBO

+

1 Gallon of Straight Mead

=126

136 + 5 gallons of braggot... Leaving this in mead because frankly I used way more honey than barley. 12lbs honey to 8lb barley and a SG of 1.4. This should be interesting.

At present I have a gallon jug full of mead made with Harrogate spring water, raw honey from Lithuania and Lavlin 71-b 1122 "Narbonne" yeast.

I have over two gallons of raw honey mead made with Evian mineral water that I'm fermenting with Nottingham ale yeast. It's been in primary for two weeks, now it's technically Friday, so I intend to rack it into gallon glass jugs after I wake up.

At present I have a gallon jug full of mead made with Harrogate spring water, raw honey from Lithuania and Lavlin 71-b 1122 "Narbonne" yeast.

I have over two gallons of raw honey mead made with Evian mineral water that I'm fermenting with Nottingham ale yeast. It's been in primary for two weeks, now it's technically Friday, so I intend to rack it into gallon glass jugs after I wake up.

So does that make 3 gallons for a total of

144 gallons?

Back