How many gallons of homebrew in 2010?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made eight, 5 gallon batches, bringing the new total to = 33503

2- american pales
ipa
black wheat
wit bier
irish stout
fat tire clone
black lager

33660 + 58 = 33718 New Total

Standard Bitter
ESB
Imperial Stout
IPA
Brown
Amber
Saison
Pumpkin
Blackberry Wheat

Took some time off in the spring/summer to move across the country, so my 2010 totals are very low. Shame on me.

+15 gal of Yooper's DFH60 clone
+5 gal of my own spicy dark wheat ("Leaf Peeper") autumn ale
+5 gal of the 2009 Hop Nog that I finally got around to brewing
+10 gal of my Uninteresting Amber Ale, running out the remainders of my extract stocks

33,758 total.

5 Gallons - Pale Ale
5 Gallons - Sweet Saison
5 Gallons - Chocolate Milk Stout
5 Gallons - Winter Maple Porter

-20 Gallons for 2010

33,878 gallons - 2010

13 batchs brewed in 2010, most were 5 gallons
a few were doubled for parties and weddings
hope to brew one more before New Years
Porter
Eng IPA
Mahogany Oaked(amber)
Big Pale
ESB
Robust Porter
Eng IPA
Summer Blonde
Mt Maddness x 2
Hard Cider
Winter Warmer

78 gall

Just started brewing in October, 25 gallons to add...
5 gallons IPA
5 gallons Christmas Beer
5 gallons APA
5 gallons Belgian Golden Strong Ale
5 gallons Sage Beer
=33,981

5 gallons Very-bitter-starter-kit
4 gallons APA
3 gallons Sweet stout
5 gallons Too-clear-Porter
5 gallons Hopefully-even-better sweet stout
=34,003 gallons

Well... hopefuly quality will increase proportionately with quantity in 2011 for me :mug:

.5 gallons less of what ever the government limit is.
Actually about 120 gallon's or so. Get invited to way to many parties and it's always gone.

70 gallons since February 2010. All 5 gallon batches.

You have to add this to the total. Ill do it for you, and add my 10 gallons of Munich Helles from last night.

Cheers!

Solaris79's 70gal + my 10 gallon + 34,023 = 34,103

Can somebody please brew 2 gallons to make it end in a multiple of 5?

I started on Aug.27 this year. Looks like I'll end the year having brewed Oktoberfest, KC Pale Ale, ESB, Bavarian Dunkel, Doppelbock, Saison, and Phat Tyre; 5 gal batches each, for a total of 35 gallons for me (good lord; what does that extrapolate to for next year?)

So grand total would now be 34,225 + my 35 gallons = 34,260

think i'm done for the year - unfortunately not going to be much time the next few weeks, for obvious reasons.

37 gal this year for me!

total = 34308

I have brewed 10 gal. Amber Ale, 10 of Stout, 10 of another version of Amber Ale, 10 of a Blue Moon clone, and 10 of an American Brown Ale. The last two are still in primary and secondarys. 50 gal. in all.

That makes the total = 34,393

1 Light Ale 5
2 Oatmeal Stout 10
3 scottish 80 15
4 Irish red 20
5 Hefewiezen 25
6 cal common 30
7 Amber Light 35
8 American light (WYP) 40
9 Kolsch 45
10 BN brown Ale 50
11 scottish 80 55
12 Irish red 60
13 Phat tyre 65
14 WYP 70
15 WYP 75
16 Gratefull Dead Guy 80
17 Hefewiezen 85
18 skeeter pee 90
19 skeeter pee 95
20 Apfelwine 100
21 orange blossom Mead 105
22 Am Light 110
23 Scottish 80 115
24 Pizza Port Red 120
25 Russian River Blind Pig 125
26 skeeter pee 130
27 skeeter pee 135
28 skeeter pee 140
29 Orange Blossom Honey Cream Ale 145
30 Holiday Cheer 150
31 Orange Blossom Honey Cream Ale 155
32 Drake's IPA 160
7 gal mead
34,393 + 167 = 34560

Sooo what are ya? A Brewaholic? You are brewing 2 out of every 3 weeks, you, must have a ton of 5 gal containers, as you have several batches in primaries and secondaries at any one time. More power to ya! Keep it up. You must have parties all the time.

I often brew 2 batches in a a day or two consecutive days. I have something like 7 6.5 gal, 3 3 gal and 10 1 gal fermenters and a few 5 gal corny kegs. This was my first year brewing just picked up my brew pot in Jan and went nuts. Every one seems to love it so it goes quick. But my wife wants me to chill out a bit because it is starting to take over, but I just make her more sketter pee to keep her happy.

Some one was talking about it and directed me to this site Skeeterpee.com where i got the recipe. I made it for my wife and she really liked it, and so does everyone else. they drank 5 gal in two weeks and wanted more which takes 6 weeks so I made 2 more batches and one every two weeks now until i get ahead of them if that is possible.(i think i need to make more) It is more like a lemon wine but it tastes like lemon aid so it goes easy. I changed it a little by adding 10# sugar and pitch double the yeast and it was even better and stronger so it can be dangerous, probably would be banned like fourloko.

I have been experimenting with some other strains but the first couple batches were Red Star Premier Cuvee. i have one kegged and and ready with Red star champagne yeast but i have not tried it yet. i started out using sugar to back sweeten it but have been using splenda since my third batch. I have not made grape wine so i have not had a slurry to try and that is another reason I rehydrate 2 packs with the energizer before pitching. my first batch I could smell a slight hint of sulfur which no one else noticed but now using this method I cant detect any now.

You folks form California think you can show up and have a little chit chat anywhere you want huh? Not on my clock by golly! HERMS? Do a search!

Welcome to the forums! :mug:

Actually I have. Seems like a lot of trouble to go through.

I completely agree.

It seems like way too much trouble to avoid an extremely difficult flaw. "Scorching" that is. Keep the heat down with your RIMS system, and problem solved. Infact, during some testing, I ran wort through huge temperature swings at low flow rates and had no change in color or taste in the beer. This was with a 70k Btu burner and a Blichmann kettle. I think you have to try to scorch beer to succeed.

Back