How many gallons of homebrew in 2010?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 gallon Brown Ale
5 Gallon Belgian Ale
5 Gallon Apfelwein
3 gallon Hard Lemonade

Total: 6931

On deck...Irish Stout and Cream Ale

I'm a newbie to this forum but not to fermenting. I made 143 gallons of beer and wine in 2009; 122 gallons is still ageing in carboys.

Cheers! :mug:

Holy cow, you own a brewery? :mug:

Ha Ha! Nooo, but once I got started, first with a couple beer kits and then some kit wines, it became clear that if I wanted to drink my own stuff and drink it properly aged that I needed to make much more than we drink. Now we're starting to enjoy aged beer, and wines that are 2+ years old.

I started cruising Craigslist for beer and wine making supplies and picked up a whole bunch of carboys, some cider presses, cases of Grolsch bottles, all kinds of stuff for pennies on the dollar and even free. :p Still have a few empty carboys so I'm starting a couple beers and a blackberry wine now.

So, is this tally of homebrewed gallons for 2009 include all fermentables like wines and hard ciders or is it grain fed beer only? ;)

My equipment has produced 11 batches thus far this year -- 5 of 'em mine, two friends brewed 2 each, and two friends brewed one each.

Coffee Porter, Pale Ale, Brown Ale, 2x Dunkelweizen, Milk Chocolate Stout, Coffee Stout, Oatmeal Stout, Honey Porter, Summer Saison, Texas Red. We're brewing a Bass clone tonight and a Guinness clone tomorrow night. Homebrew black and tans for the win!

Whoooo!!! My first all grain batch was Sunday. Put me down for 5 gallons of a Summit SMaSh......

+ 5.0

Just found this thread, so here is my count for the year:

5 Gallons: Brown Ale
5 Gallons: Elliots Wise Wit
5 Gallons: Honey Ale
5 Gallons: Cherry Vanilla Cream Stout
2 Gallons: Dads Honey Pale Ale
1 Gallon : Apple Beer

23 Gallons Total

+23

5 Gal. Cream of Three Crops
5 Gal. Hazed and Infused Clone