How many gallons of EdWort's Apfelwein have been made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finshed my 2nd batch. Including the batch I did last month makes 10 gallons! The ladies love this stuff!

9524 + 10 = 9534

Somehow missed this thread when I did my first batch, so adding the first and second. Have the juice for my third ready to go, so will contribute towards 10k again soon.

9539 + 10 = 9549

after being out for awhile I got 15 gallons from the store and a funny look when I checked out!

makes it
9549+15=9564

Made 5 this weekend. Should be ready in time for my Christmas nap...

9577+5 = 9582

So this is almost 10,000 gallons. Let's put this in perspective:

That's enough Apfelwein to fill a 12' x 24' swimming pool to a depth of just less than 5'.

Let's assume 1 packet of montrachet per 5 gallons, that's 2,000 packets. At around $0.68 per packet, that's about $1,400 worth of yeast that's been used solely for Apfelwein. Now granted, that's with a little rounding up, and assuming everyone used montrachet, which we know isn't the case, but I think we all know that not everyone who has made a batch has accounted for it on here. We're bound to be over 10K gallons by now. I think the folks at Red Star owe Ed a finders fee or something.

...raise your hand if you're bored at work...

9591 + 10 = 9601

I kegged my first 5 gallons last week, and liked it so much I started another batch today.

Ed, the Apple Juice makers should send you a year's supply for boosting their sales so much.

9627 + 16 = 9643

I love having a 6 gallon Better Bottle for this. It makes it easy buying 4 boxes of Tree Top Apple Juice at Costco. Two 5 gallon batches and one 6 gallon batch.

Price today: $7.59 for two gallons ($3.79/gallon).

9663 + 15 = 9678 gallons

Just doin my part

one beer keg filled 32.5 1.5L bottles and 2 one gallon jugs. very exited

OK folks, we're at 9699 gallons. We need a little under two 5 gallon batches a day to hit 10,000 gallons by the end of the year. I pledge another 5 gal in early Dec. Who else is in?

Back