How many gallons of EdWort's Apfelwein have been made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So very close to 4000 gallons. My prediction of 4000 gallons by Christmas has been narrowly skirted. 5 more days people. We must hit 4000 gallons by the end of year!

I've got 15 gallons of juice. One more Better Bottle to keg and then I'll be filling 3 of them. This Saturday is the day.

With my 15 on Saturday, we only need 29 more gallons....

I just made 5 gallons on Christmas morning. For some reason my airlock isn't bubbling yet though. Is something wrong or is there not supposed to be much activity?

fightguy said:
I just made 5 gallons on Christmas morning. For some reason my airlock isn't bubbling yet though. Is something wrong or is there not supposed to be much activity?

That makes 3961 gallons.

Make sure your temperature is at least 70 degrees.

fightguy said:

apple juice just ferments really slowly..... and it takes weeks. I have no clue why, that's just how it goes. look again, are there little islands of bubbles on the surface?

shafferpilot said:
apple juice just ferments really slowly..... and it takes weeks. I have no clue why, that's just how it goes. look again, are there little islands of bubbles on the surface?
Yeah, there are bubbles on the surface and it looks like there is some activity there. It's just that the airlock hasn't started bubbling at all and it has me a little worried

fightguy said:
Yeah, there are bubbles on the surface and it looks like there is some activity there. It's just that the airlock hasn't started bubbling at all and it has me a little worried
Double check to make sure you've got a good seal around the airlock, and/or lid if you're using a bucket, or bung if it's a carboy. I guess I should assume carboy, since you can see bubbles. Second, my AW took like 3 days to really get "rolling" with like a bubble a second, and that went for a few days, but after it dropped back to a couple bubbles a minute it went for weeks that way. Top off the airlock when needed, and wait. It'll be fine. Also keep an eye on that airlock for fruit flies sneaking in. The little buggers kept gettin in my lock and I had to take a section of pantyhose and rubberband it over the airlock lid.

EdWort said:
That makes 3961 gallons.

Make sure your temperature is at least 70 degrees.

Add another 5 gallons to that number and make it 3966- I started a batch with my nice new brewing equipment on the 21st :D It's bubbling like crazy now!

3976!
My third batch is done and my 4th will be coming up as soon as another carboy empties. I still can't believe how quickly those bottles from my first batch disappeared!

Ok folks, my 3 Better Bottle are refilled, so that is 15 more gallons for a total of 3997.

Only 3 more gallons till....

evil-doctor.jpg

FOUR THOUSAND GALLONS OF APFELWEIN!!!!

Just finished my very first batch!
About 4.5 gal of Sparten Brand 100% apple juice, 3 lbs of corn sugar, and a pack of lavin yeast.

It was soooooo easy, I'm sure that something will go horribly wrong!

This makes 4998!

OK Apfelwein Aficionados, the new year is a upon us and it brings new challenges.

Only 5,961 gallons to go till we've made ......

evil-doctor.jpg

TEN THOUSAND GALLONS OF APFELWEIN!!!!

EdWort said:
OK Apfelwein Aficionados, the new year is a upon us and it brings new challenges.

Only 5,961 gallons to go till we've made ......

evil-doctor.jpg

TEN THOUSAND GALLONS OF APFELWEIN!!!!

LOL. You never stop. :rockin:

Back