How many gallons of EdWort's Apfelwein have been made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First batch of this. Looking forward to trying it in a few months.

13,524 + 5 = 13,529

Five more with a batch I started today for my son. This is my fourth batch this year.

13539+5= 13544

I'm betting the "Apple Growers Association" has commissioned a bronze statue of Edwort to place in their headquarters lobby.

I made 5, but used champagne yeast. But it was killer anyway.

13,565 + 5 = 13,570

That IS a lot of booze!!!!

Thanks EdWort for sharing this recipe.

13570 + 5 = 13,575

Apple juice is on sale at the grocery store this weekend. $3 buy one get one for half gallon of mott's all-natural apple juice.

11 Gallons of Apfelwein = $33 + $5 (4 lb corn sugar) + $1 (yeast) = $39

Original Ed Wort Recipe, Five Gallongs = 13,585

Going to try 2 gallons cranberry and 3 gallons apple next....

Just made 5 gallons of this last night, followed the original recipe.
Already bubblin' happily away in the closet.
No rino farts yet...

13,585+5 = 13,590

That 2 gallons of cranberry, and 3 gallons of apple sounds wonderful, might try that next time.

Fred

Hey, can I join?!

13,653 +1 = 13,654

Used .5 gal unfiltered organic juice, .5 gal filtered organic juice, 1/3# organic cane sugar, and original yeast :) I have some oak cubes that I may rack onto in secondary...

This is the quickest fermenting must I've ever seen--in 1.5 hrs I have a krausen 1in thick, with airlock activity... I used the Montrachet wine yeast recommended in the original recipe too...

I have 5 gallons cheerily finishing up fermentation. Hope to bottle in a couple months!

13,654 + 5 = 13,659

Latest posts

Back