How many gallons of EdWort's Apfelwein have been made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just started my first 5 gallon batch. I used a brand of apple juice called Lucky Leaf (about $3.30 per gallon) from Wal-mart. It didn't have any preservatives besides ascorbic acid, and it looks and tastes good, so it seems that it should work well. I think I might experiment with different yeasts and additives later, but for now I just used the juice and the montrachet wine yeast. OG was 1.067.

10336.5 + 5 = 10341.5

aaaaaahhhh... i didn't have internet for a week and missed the 10k gallon of apfelwein.

anywho i got 3 more with some blueberry going a few days ago. that puts me at 16 gallons

+ 3

6 more.

My first attempt at fermenting anything! (on purpose, that is...) This seemed like a good place to start! 10,000 gallons can't be wrong, can they? And so far, it's chuggin' right along, fizzing and smelling like apples. Looks like I haven't screwed it up yet.

Batch #20 for first year of brewing is...... 5gal. Apfelwein! Going in tonite after work and getting me to 100 gal. for the year.

10,439.5 + 5 = 10444.5

Fired up my first 5 gallons of this tonight. Pretty dang simple. Hoping the SWMBO will like it. I stuck to Ed's origional recipe.

10444.5 + 5 = 10449.5

Back