How many freezers do you have?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kombat

Reaction score
I just inherited a chest freezer from my brother-and-sister-in-law over the weekend. They're moving to another town and didn't want to bother moving their freezer, so it's now in my basement. This brings my chest freezer total to 5. Granted, 2 of those freezers are for food, but 3 are now for fermenting and keg storage/serving. When not in use or empty, I keep them unplugged to try and mitigate the electric bill a little bit.

Is 5 too many? Normal? How many freezers do you guys have?

In addition to the freezers, I also have my little bar fridge from university days, a 2-keg kegerator, a full size refrigerator in the basement for yeast, beer, and hops, our regular refrigerator in the kitchen, and a little counter-top wine fridge that holds 6 bottles of wine. I think I finally have enough cooling units.

I have one as a kegerator, one as a ferm chamber, one for food, and still have my dorm fridge hanging around down there.

Big SS Comercial grade freezer that will easily hold 2 15 gallon fermentors or 12 corney kegs if needed. (Overkill) actually looking to sell it.

Regular 4 keg kegorator

Small fermentation fridge that will hold one fermentor either 6.5 g or 15 g

Garage beer fridge hops, yeast, beers extra food and whatnot.

Indoor regular fridge

I just inherited a chest freezer from my brother-and-sister-in-law over the weekend. They're moving to another town and didn't want to bother moving their freezer, so it's now in my basement. This brings my chest freezer total to 5. Granted, 2 of those freezers are for food, but 3 are now for fermenting and keg storage/serving. When not in use or empty, I keep them unplugged to try and mitigate the electric bill a little bit.

Is 5 too many? Normal? How many freezers do you guys have?

In addition to the freezers, I also have my little bar fridge from university days, a 2-keg kegerator, a full size refrigerator in the basement for yeast, beer, and hops, our regular refrigerator in the kitchen, and a little counter-top wine fridge that holds 6 bottles of wine. I think I finally have enough cooling units.

5 sounds like the perfect number.

I have 2, a 15cuft for fermenting and a 7cuft keezer with 4 cornies in it.

I'd like another small one for cheese, and a larger one for full keg storage. And one more large one for actually storing frozen food :)

It's never enough:

• one dorm freezer (fermentor chiller)
  • one 1/2 height fridge (kegerator)
  • one full height fridge (beer supply to kegerator)
  • one extra large side-by-side fridge (hops, bottled beer)
  • one extra large french door fridge (actual food)

Five total
One (1) 15 cf serving freezer w/ 8 kegs and 20# CO2 tank.
Four (4) 7 cf freezers for fermenting, lagering, carbonating, serving overflow

The smaller freezers fit 2 carboys or 4 kegs + 5# CO2 tank.

I need to move to a house with a basement...

Big upright fridge for the kegerator
40CF science fridge for fermenting/cold crashing
Regular fridge in the kitchen

When I finally get out of this apartment I'd love to get 2 chest freezers...set one up at 32 for lagering and one for actual food.

2 freezers. One for food and one keezer. I also have a fridge as a fermentation chamber and a small fridge (4.1 cubic feet) for my washed yeast storage. Oh! We also have a kit hen fridge, but I hardly use it anymore.

1 upright freezer for food
1 main chow down fridge
1 1987 Whirlpool fridge (No Frost :)) as the kegerator

I'd love a chest freezer for when the Whirlpool goes.

I live in Maine. Most of the year, my whole garage is a freezer.

Six refrigerating appliances:
Garage:
True GDM-12 with 4 corny kegs and faucets
True GDM-10 for fermentation modified with STC1000 type controller
True GDM-6 for yeast bank, starter crashing and supplies storage
35 year old MonkeyWard upright for hop freezing, bottle beer, soda and overflow

Inside:
Chest freezer for food
Side by side fridge for food

Lesee..

Food fridge upstairs for the renters. Food fridge in my kitchen for me.
7cu ft keezer
7cu ft ferm chamber
old kitchen fridge as beer fridge/hop storage
1970s hotpoint fridge for conditioning/spare ferm chamber/keg carbing or whatever I decide to use it for (still unused)

3 freezer and 2 full fridge. 1 freezer for food 2 freezer for beer. 1 fridge for food 1 fridge for beer. Hoping to get 1 more freezer for beer. Cheers!

2 ref/freezers for food
1 5 cubic foot chest freezer for food
1 5 cubic foot chest freezer for lagering/crashing
Within the last month:
1 18 cubic foot chest freezer for fermenting
1 20 cubic foot upright for serving.

I think i might have too much?????

One keezer, One for hops and some food. Two commercial freezers for fermentation chambers, one single (glass) door and one double door with insulated divider and seperate left/right side compressors and temperature controls, so technally 4....or....5?

2 kegerators (one 2-tap one 3-tap)
1 7.2 cubic foot chest freezer for fermenting/lagering/coldcrashing
1 regular fridge for the food
1 dorm fridge in the garage for beer

I feel like my refrigeration needs are squared away for now.

2 5cuft fermentation chambers. I really like using the 5cuft chest freezers for individual 10g batch fermentation chambers. A 60l Speidel fermentor just barely fits making contact with the freezer walls on all sides.

1 7cuft keggerator. 3 taps, can hold four kegs.

I'd like another small chest freezer for hop storage.

Back