How many Fermenters do you have.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4 pages in and no mention of the Mr. Beer fermenter (unless I missed it).

Have none of us used it (I opted for the Cooper's DIY kit over Mr. Beer when I started) or have all those that used it since gotten rid of it?

I figure that some brewers hang on to the Mr. Beer fermenter for nostalgia purposes or to brew small batches in.

Inadequate don't begin to describe the feeling...

I have no idea!

I've been a winemaker for a long time, and I have many carboys (both glass and better bottles) in 5 and 6 gallon sizes for that- maybe 25-35(?) of those. I have lots of 'ale pails' in sizes 6.5 gallons up to 8 gallons- maybe 10(?) of those. I have lots of 3 gallon carboys, both better bottles and glass. I have some big primary bin-type of fermenters for big batches of wine.

So, 50-60(?) maybe. Give or take a dozen or so.

But this really is perfect:

I have exactly one less than I need at all times. Oh...and one more than my wife wants in the house .:D

I only have 1 Ale Pail & 3 5G carboys (2 glass, 1 BB) rarely used. With just one small temp-controlled ferm chamber, that's all I'm willing to try at one time.

Catdaddy66,

Just in case you were only feeling a 'LITTLE' inadequate...

Now ALL of us feel that way, too.

I forgot about the dozens of one gallon jugs, by the way. :D

However, I have a big house and things like carboys can fill up half of the basement with room left over- that's how my obsession first got out of control.

The sad part is that right now, I only have about a dozen big carboys full. That's from wine I made last fall, and will be bottled before making the wine from this fall's harvest. I have chokecherry wine, apple wine, crabapple wine, and plum wine to package. The rhubarb, cider, oaked blackberry, and blueberry has been bottled. I had far more full carboys a month ago, and still have a long way to get to get it all packaged.

Winemaking is a great hobby for a procrastinator!

Just curious how many fermenters you all have. I have 9 Plastic buckets ( thanks to a 10$ sale) ands 5 glass carboys ( thanks to a 14$ sale)

I have billions of them. Working in my basement as we speak.

Yeast are fermenters. Vessels are fermentors.

3 6 gallon (one glass)
4 5 gallon
4 4 gallon
2 Ale pails

Thought I had a lot, since my fermenting chamber can hold only 6. Apparently I am mistaken :)

Winemaking is a great hobby for a procrastinator!

That's what I love about brewing... It's the perfect hobby for lazy people like me!

My daughter... "Aren't you going to bottle today?"

Me... " Nah! I'll get to it next weekend."

Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

1x 3 gal carboy
1x 5 gal carboy
1x 6 gal carboy
6x 6 gal buckets

9 total. But I only use 2-3 at a time, and have stopped using the glass carboys altogether. I'm considering selling the 5 and 6 gal ones.

5 7 gallon buckets
4 5 gallon glass carboys
1 6.5 gallon glass carboy
1 2.5 gallon plastic Mr. Beer fermentor I have never used
5 1 gallon glass jugs for experiments/yeast starters

27 total

1 - 6 gal glass
1 - 6 gal BB
2 - 5 gal BB
3 - 3 gal BB
3 - 3 gal NB bubblers
4 - 1 gal glass
5 - sixtel sankes converted
6 - 15 gal hpde barrels
1 - 6 gal bucket
1 - 5 gal bucket

4- fermenting buckets, 1- glass 5gal carboy, and 2- 5gal Poland spring bottles. Now I just need to get a temp controlled fermenter set up and I'll be golden.

Keg #1 - Brewers Best American Ale
Keg #2 - Brewers Best Kolsch
Keg #3 - Harpoon IPA
Primary #1- Midwest Mexican creveza
Primary #2- Midwest Honey Ale
Secondary #1-
Secondary #2-
Yeah I do kits!

Have one 6 gal glass and one 5 gal glass.. can fit only 2 carboys in my ferm chamber. Also have 3 kegs

Back