How many back up kegs do you have?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 7 taps with a total of 11 kegs. I have not had any problems with the rotation, but I would like to have a couple more.

I also like to use priming sugar and condition in the keg when I don't have a dry tap.

Started off with 3 taps, and 3 kegs. If I see sells on keg connection I pick up one here and there. I'm up to nine now and still wish I had one or two more. If it's a beer that doesn't need dry hopping I will rack into keg for secondary, cold crash, then keg condition.

4 taps, 8 kegs. I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to brew when I put a full keg on so that I'll never have an empty tap - happens in the Winter more than summer. I'm keeping my eye out for more kegs at a good price so that I can brew 10 gallon batches and not screw up the rotation.

I have 3 taps and 11 5 gallon and 6 2.5-3 gallon and am looking at getting 4 more 3 gallon. Mostly just use the smaller kegs now that I am making 2.5 gallon batches, but keep the 5 gallon ones for just in case.

I have 2 taps and 4 kegs. I bottle from kegs so I have 2 tanks of co2 (keezer & stand alone). I have a 4 way splitter on my stand alone tank in case I need to grow depending on needs.

If anyone was fallowing along, I ended up going for 5 kegs initially. 3 on tap and 2 extra.

Well, I have 3 taps. I used to have 4 kegs, and that wasn't enough. I have 6 kegs now, and I haven't quite engineered how to best put them to use.

10 taps...8 on tap in the inside keezer, with two on deck inside the keezer on the hump. 2 taps in the outside kegerator. That leaves 1 empty keg that I use to push beer through my 1micron filter to the other kegs.

13 kegs total: 1 spare keg.

12 pinlocks, 4 -1/2 barrels, 1 -1/4 barrel, 3-1/6 barrels. i need to get them filled up

2 taps, soon to be 4 taps, and 20 FREE 5 gallon corny kegs. However, a few recently started acting up with bad poppet valves, or pressure release valves. Working on getting the pipe line well stocked so in the hotter months I don't have to deal with a hot brew kettle.

PS: the free corny connection dried up, I checked again last night. It was a beautiful thing while it lasted.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

8 consistent draft lines
2 seasonal lines that go into the yard
1 party line

49 - 5 gallon cornies
3 - 10 gallon cornies
3 - 3 gallon cornies
1 - 2 gallon corny
21 - 1/2 bbl sankeys
3 - 5 gal sankeys

3 taps - but only space for 3 kegs in the tiny keezer
so even though I have 5 kegs, two would be empty almost all the time.

Now that I have a full size fridge for a ferm chamber (and an extra CO2 tank), I'd like to get the pipeline going so that the two extra kegs could be ready to go without occupying a space on tap. When the kegs are needed, the ferm chamber will also be free again to do temp control duties. Phew! Home Brewing is like having a second job.

I have 3 taps, 5 spots in my keezer, and 6 kegs. Usually, i'll have 3 on tap, one on deck, and one carbing. Usually keep one with water in it if i want seltzer

I've only got 3 taps and 3 kegs. I really need to get some extras to have on hand though. My LHBS has a ton of converted ball locks, I'm just not sure if the wider diameter will work with my keezer footprint.

3 taps and 10 kegs, but looking to sell 2 of the pinlocksi have. I jay picked up 2 additional ball locks for $20a piece. They were too cheap not to buy. I'll probably be ok with 8 though.

Holy hell chugach! That's a lot of storage. I have a 3 tap and I have:
10- 5 gallon ball lock
2 - 3 gallon ball lock for my coolereger.

Six 5 gallon and two 2.5 gallon ball lock kegs. My 4 tap keezer can only hold three of the 5s and one 2.5 on the hump. I want more variety so I'm looking to get a bigger freezer and (obviously) more kegs.

Holy hell chugach! That's a lot of storage. I have a 3 tap and I have:
10- 5 gallon ball lock
2 - 3 gallon ball lock for my coolereger.

Its a passion, obsession, and maybe I have a hoarding problem. In all honesty, storage is the best way to assure your wild beers aren't rushed. It's where I put my money, rather than into hops :)

Back