How long will beer keep in keeged?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim27

Reaction score
Since I am the only one who drinks my beer most of the time. I was wondering how long I could keep my beer if I kegged? The kegs would be in the kegerator of course. Would there be any staling issues after say 2-3 months?

It's been my experience that the beer will easily last 2 - 3 months as long as you use co2 and the proper sanitizing and kegging procedures are followed.

Much longer than that. I have beer in my keezer from July that I enjoy every time I pour. Sanitization and temperatures are the key.

2+ years in my experience, and that isn't an endpoint. I've had beer in kegs for up to that long that were still good.

some beers will suffer in that hop aromas will fade. Other beers will benefit greatly with sitting in kegs for long periods. Just make sure when you keg that you purge the O2. Once sealed with co2 itll stay good for a long time. 2-3 months is nothing. I have a really busy beer that just wasnt good young, pulled it out of the kegerator and hid it in the closet for 6 months. Been back on the tap for 2 months and wow is it ever a great beer. As long as your sanitation is good and you get the oxygen out you will be fine.

Thanks for the replies. I can now feel confident in having three beers on tap when I get kegging set up.

I get 3 months to 3 years with no issues.
Sanitization, cool temps, & CO2 are the key.
Once had some at a buddies that was at the 4½ year mark, twas good!

Back