How long did it take for Freshops to send the hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I ordered hops from Freshops beginning of last week and haven't gotten them yet (shipped to the northeast). Should I be worried and given them a call?

Kai

Ryanh1801 said:
I would give them a call. I got mine in 5 days.

Likewise...My hops from a couple months ago shipped a few days after the order. My recent rhizome order took a good bit longer. Freshops seems to be swamped right now though.

I got mine within 10 days from ordering. Not sure if calling will do anything cause I called on mine and was told it takes 4 days to package and then whatever it takes for the carrier to get it to you. That was it. No package tracking, no asking about order no's, nada.

But, they were very polite and I did choose the Priority Mail option.

Thanks. I'll wait until next week and then give them a call. They already charged my card, though.

Kai

I thought I saw a note on their site last night that because of the volume of the orders they were getting, it was taking five days to process the orders. I'd give them a call anyway.

Talked to Dave last week at the HoV meeting. He (and just about all rhizome suppliers) saw orders go up by a factor of ten this year. He planned for five times the normal orders based on the shortages. He's got people digging every day, rain or showers.

I got mine in 4 days-but I live an hour away from Freshops!

They are experiencing 5X normal business right now-so take that into consideration

Ordered last thurs night, arrived today. I called earlier at lunch before the mail arrived, and Dave said he is still working on Monday's orders - he has been running about 4-500 orders behind. He said normally he ships same day, but is swamped with orders now.

No more domestic hops (beyond what is currently on his site) until Sept., but he should be getting New Zealand hops (NZ Hallertau, Pacific Gem, etc) in July.

I order 4 rhizomes (length x diameter):
1 cascade 4"x1.5"
1 chinook 6"x0.4"
1 wilammette 6"x0.8"
1 mt. hood 4"x0.5", Y shaped.

All have obvious buds, the mt. hood is about 1".

Also ordered wilammette 5%, sterling 7.5%, and crystal 4.2% hops. Better alphas than what I got from MoreBeer, so I can strech them a little further for bittering.

It was actually 6 days from ordering to doorstep. Shipping was more than what I paid, so that was cool. I sent them a very nice thank you email for exceeding my expectations even when I know they are swamped.

All 12 of mine have visible buds on them, I can't wait to put them into the ground this weekend!

Back