How fast can a fermentation be?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Likefully

Reaction score
I can't find an answer to this on the web; perhaps I am using the wrong search terms.

I am thinking about making beer for the express purpose of distilling it.

So all I am after is getting the alcohol as quickly as possible so the fermenter can be emptied and used again.

For example: if I could reach 95% attenuation in 20% of the time it takes to reach 100% attenuation I would cut it off at 95%.

So...what yeast would get you there the quickest, in what time and what ABV% could you get?

Look up fast fermenting recipes. I have used bread yeast and had a few get down to 1.000 in under 48hrs.

Wine yeast. that'd be my guess. And distilling talk is a no no here. If legal where you're at, you can visit a distilling forum such as this one (ran by the very people who run this one): http://www.homedistilling.com/

Just so everyone know, we started a site, put it on foreign servers, and you can discuss distillation there.

HomeDistilling.com.

I'm the admin there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back