How does my starter look?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ask because I want to brew today and the starters only 20 hours old. Is it ok to use dry nottingham and the liquid starter?

I know it overkill, but would the taste be affected?

Its a double IPA so I need a solid yeast (or yeasts?) against the gravity.

Myabe you linked the wrong picture or something becasue I can't tell Jack from this picture....

f_starter1m_7cf14d5.jpg

I see something that looks like a big plastic bag on something...but can't really make anything else out...

Is there yeast at the bottom of the liguid OR Krauzen on top? If so then it is fine and you can pitch away...but based on that pic, I don't think anyone's gonna e able to help you.

well, when the stir plate is off I have a layer of yeast on the bottom, but I dont have the "foam" on top.

So, judging by what you said I'm good to go. Thanks Rev

well, when the stir plate is off I have a layer of yeast on the bottom, but I dont have the "foam" on top.

So, judging by what you said I'm good to go. Thanks Rev

A lot of us have commented that with stirplate on you don't really end up with krauzen on top....so if you have a layer of yeast in the bottom then you are ready to pitch that bad boy!!!

Back