How do you store and sort your wine supply?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukebuz

Reaction score
So, with all the different batches I have being made, being consumed, and being given away...how do you effectively manage storage? Minimize space taken up, while still being able to find what you want. Plus, keep it organized for the OCD types amoung us?

I made a bunch of cubes. Each one holds 40 bottles or 10 in each quarter. I keep one section of one cube for my long term storage of a single batch and the rest I go through quickly or give away. I also use the shrink wrap things on the end. Each batch gets a different colour. So each batch gets is identified by the shrink wrap end (and label) and are stored together in the same cube quarter.

Yeah, but how do you FIND what you want? Some of those racks are just "piles on top of piles"...

I make my wine in at least five gallon batches which is 25 wine bottles. So stacking them isn't a big deal for me.

Yeah, i do smaller batches 1G to 3G typical, depending how much fruit I can hunt down. I did 26 batches last year... So it's tough to sort them all out!

I make about 25 different wines a year. They don't make that many different colored shrink wraps! Even if some wines are duplicates:)
I made a wire wine rack. Each row has its own wine. Except its full so some share row space as they shrink in numbers. At the top of each row I have a tag with the wine name on it. It is not organized, but I have learned where certain wines are kept. That cuts down in lable reading.
A sticky note or buissnes card folded in half over the top wire works well as labels. Especially if printed in big letters. Easy to move as bottles disapeer as well.

Just as a warning. Well labled wine tends to walk out the door faster as the neighbore can grab what they want quickly!

Sent from my iPod touch using Home Brew

Just as a warning. Well labled wine tends to walk out the door faster as the neighbore can grab what they want quickly!

said neighbor would soon be in a wheelchair, unable to access my basement wine cellar...

Latest posts

Back