How do YOU pass the time?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffoC6

Reaction score
So we've all been there. I'm 5 day into primary on my very first brew. Yes, I plan on brewing a 2nd, and then a 3rd, but I can't do the 2nd brew until this coming Saturday morning.

So how do you guys kill time while waiting patiently?

Currently, I'm making homemade dough to have a pizza fest tomorrow night after work.

I'm also in the midst of reading 3 And Out, which is the story of Michigan Football and Rich Rodriguez (HUUUUUGE Michigan fan here).

And obviously, keeping up to date with this forum and taking notes on what you guys say for future reference.

GilaMinumBeer said:

Yup. It's amazing how much time you can eat up burying dead hookers.

Umm, I mean reading HBT and emptying/cleaning/delabeling bottles for the next batch. I like the emptying part the best.

Sounds like some here are def hooked on kicking dirty babies. I spend time on here between brews..hell,even when I'm waiting for the BK to boil. Then aftar it goes into the FV with..you guessed it,a home brew!:ban:

A lot of brewing network podcasts. The early Jamil Shows with style descriptions have a lot of information, as do the Brew Strong shows. You think you have everything figured out, and then you hear about the next part of the process which you are completely ignoring.

Oh, and doing research. Which is how I excuse my occasional splurge from the bomber cooler at the local liquor store.

I also should have mentioned that I work from home twice a week, which is just dangerous. You, a carboy that's not done fermenting yet, and all the time in the world to keep looking at it hahahaha.

I'm currently watching DVR'd episodes of the Twilight Zone, which happens to be the greatest show ever made.

My carrier requires me to travel about 60% of the time, but I have plenty out side of my brewing. I have an 11 yr old son who is involved in Scouting, baseball and academics. That is @ the top of my list.

My wife has a 'to do list" for me that consists of a complete bathroom renovation just to start.

My brother in law and best friend heats with wood, so in attempt to work off all these additional lbs. gained since I started drinking "good" beer, I help him cut more than 10 cords of wood a season.

And many more thing filling time between sessions, unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to brew much at all in 2011. But I'm sure thankful for this forum so I can live vicariously thru other brewers.

As for hookers, interesting stories and great to talk to over a drink, occasionally easy on the eyes, but nothing of mine is coming in contact this anything of theirs.

Right now I have about 75 gallons of beer,7 gallons of cider, a couple of gallons of mead(all homebrewed) and probably 100 bottles of commercial beer on hand so I'm not thinking much about brewing these days. My thoughts are geared toward finding time to reduce inventory so I NEED to start brewing again.
But normally I'm always thinking about what to brew next, concocting and reworking a recipe, or I'm trying to figure out if any of my equipment needs tinkering with. Being a homebrewer is a full time job, even when I'm not brewing.

Clean the brewery, clean equipment, read about brewing and drink beer. When I have a lot of time I go into the DIY section and browse through possible projects I could take on.

Read as much material as I can get my hands on (books, forums, magazines). Browse equipment from the various online stores. Drool over the DIY section. And hookers

The easy part is, I do most my brewing at my brothers house. So during the week I am not tempted to mess with my fermentors. Although, I do email or txt my bro almost once a day and ask him what temps my fermentors are at.

Right now I have about 75 gallons of beer,7 gallons of cider, a couple of gallons of mead(all homebrewed) and probably 100 bottles of commercial beer on hand so I'm not thinking much about brewing these days. My thoughts are geared toward finding time to reduce inventory so I NEED to start brewing again.
But normally I'm always thinking about what to brew next, concocting and reworking a recipe, or I'm trying to figure out if any of my equipment needs tinkering with. Being a homebrewer is a full time job, even when I'm not brewing.

So when are you having everybody over?

The older you get you find there is'nt enough time in a day to do what you want, so I've learned to ignore a few things. and drink beer. Cheers:D

Since my first batch of beer, I've made a batch of ginger ale, root beer, dog biscuits and bread from the leftover grain, and I'm currently planning my next batch.

I am a newbie, have my first batch fermenting (will be 1 week tomorrow), so along with my new addiction, my other addiction is reloading, shooting and hunting! Oh yeah when I have the time work and family!!!!
:mug:

Generally I go out with friends.

I do often find myself sitting in front of my primary watching bubbles through the airlock.

To avoid this I just try to get out, preferable with non hooker lady friends.

Waiting to bottle my first batch as well. I've been trying to get my mind focused on other hobbies like guitar, but it's tough when you just want to learn about brewing. I've also been helping out a relative of my wife who brews and learning great stuff from him. Finally, I'm finishing a bedroom for our first baby, so I get to stay pretty busy. It's a good thing, or I'd be on the pc buying brewing stuff non stop!

I spend a lot of time on the internet keeping up with degenerates and their hookers. Other than that, pretty much just fielding d@mba$$ questions on HBT.

Waiting to bottle my first batch as well. I've been trying to get my mind focused on other hobbies like guitar, but it's tough when you just want to learn about brewing. I've also been helping out a relative of my wife who brews and learning great stuff from him. Finally, I'm finishing a bedroom for our first baby, so I get to stay pretty busy. It's a good thing, or I'd be on the pc buying brewing stuff non stop!

Or maybe try coming up with a rhythm on your guitar to the timing of the bubbling?? I haven't gotten around to that one yet...:cross::rockin:

Lately it has been working on my bike and getting it ready for paint, going to school full time and drinking beer while spending time with my wife and 3 kids. Or at least trying to pick up after 3 kids 6,4,and 2 to keep the house looking like a bunch of oakies don't live here. I have also cleaned the garage twice put an old TV in it and an old couch so I can escape from the kids and wife here and there also.

I thought I was past this issue 15+ batches in. But both kegs are kicked and I've got 28 gallons in various stages of fermentation, including a Nelson Sauvin IPA that I can't wait to try. The wait is killing me!

I know what you mean,hokie. I'm there every now & then. Gunna get 2 more batches going this week when our supplies come in any day now.

I think about DIY, brewing, and finishing my basement for a bar, We bought our house May 2011.

When you enter from the garage you come into a long rectangular room (left to right....the kitchen door is about 4 feet in front of you). The left side is the washer, drier and utility sink. You have enough room to allow about 3 people to stand. The remaining part of that room has been conquered by fermenters, bottling bucket, hoses, shelving to store flasks, boxes, bungs, Regulators for CO2, and plenty of other items used for brewing or storing beer.

I forgot to mention that the wife agreed to give me half of the room. I have about 3/4 right now, but she isn't complaining.....yet.

She also agreed that half of the basement is mine and the other half is for storage. We'll see how that goes. The garage is 90% mine since I need to give her a spot to park....:ban:

I work for a pharmaceutical company during the day and in my down time not brewing beer I am usuall constantly reloading for marksmenship competitions on the weekends. Sometimes play Battlefield 3 to pass extra time.

HerbieHowells said:
So you are saying that the issue of finding something to do between brewing beers is going to be permanently solved soon? Congratulations.

Thanks! Yep, my newest and most time consuming hobby is on the way. :)

Aside from my job - I keep occupied with video games, netflix and SWMBO + a lot of drinking/planning my homebrews.

Latest posts

Back