How do I remove stored email from windows 10 after removing the accounts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rohitjain02

Reaction score
Hey there,
I want to delete my company's stored email. I have already removed the email accounts set in my windows 10, however my storage says it still has 22.2GB worth of email stored. i don't know how to delete it since the email accounts are no longer in sync, where do I find these email to be deleted? thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like we've got a free thread, folks.

NINTCHDBPICT000482651120.jpg

“It’s like, tryin’ to get whiskey,
ohhhh, from a bottle ‘o wine”

I will attempt an answer on one condition - your next “is this infected?”inquiry must be posted on a Microsoft support forum.

Search your hard drive for *.ost files. May need to change your view to show hidden files.

Last edited:
If you used outlook for your email, the PST file is stored in a location that you can find by going into the outlook settings, but default is C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. Delete all PST files there.

I have hauled along all the emails I've ever sent since the dawn of the internet. So I can't imagine deleting anything. But if it seems urgent to you to erase all, then the hard drive must be removed and tossed into the fires of Mount Doom, in Mordor.

1624406050978.png

lmao! That was awesome!

Inspired by that - and now being fully retired for a year - I just archived my various corporate Outlook message stores (tip: they're not all in the .pst files - big stuff goes elsewhere) going back through my career trajectory to when Outlook actually became a thing - and blew it all away.

Felt good :D

Cheers!

Back