How did you mount your bench capper?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ECUmedford

Reaction score
My awesome wife got me a few upgrades to my collection of brewing equipment for Christmas. One of them is a bench capper that can be mounted with 4 bolts/screws. I was thinking about mounting it to a hefty block of wood so it would still be portable. My wife said that print makers at art school would have a front lip on their mounting boards so that when you pull the lever the board stays in place. I thought that was a pretty good idea.

Anyways, before I do anything, was wondering what others have done. Pics would be awesome! :mug:

Thanks!

I mounted mine to a piece of plywood long enough for a three inch front lip and a one inch back lip. I have one screw through the back lip going into my work table.

Any piece of wood large enough to make a stable base will do. I had mine mounted to a reject raised panel from a cabinet door project. I just couldn't bear to throw out that oak.

I took a different approach, I mounted mine on a cheap grinder stand from Harbor Freight. It is rock solid and takes up none of my work surface.

2014-12-23 10.07.42.png

Back