How did you get your job?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How did you get your job?

• Online or newspaper posting

• Walked in

• Knew a guy

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am an accountant. I did two things. Went to the NC CPA site and gathered a list of CPA firms with more than one CPA, and then went through the phone book to gather more firms. I sent everyone a Resume then a week later started calling to see if they received it and if they had any questions. I probably sent out 50 to 70 resumes. I wound up with a few options.

One option is to offer to work for free for a week to see if they like you. This also gives you the option to see the real operation.

Luck.

That's pretty much what I'm doing. I just googled "Accountant", went to google maps and have been gathering a list of CPAs who have multiple CPAs on staff. I just started doing that and have only sent out about 10 resumes so far, but I plan on sending out as many as it takes.

my FIL got me hired before I even met my boss, worked from 7am-9pm drive 7 hours to arizona woke up took my pee test drove back to SoCal. a few days later found out I passed the piss test and was hired. I put in my 30 day notice at Chipotle Mexican Grill and now work 40 hours a week, have weekends off, bought a house, and have a 1 year old boy.

this wouldn't have been possible if I stayed in Ca as was still a GM of Chipotle Mexican Grill.

-=Jason-

I work in our family business with my 2 brothers and some staff. We began our wealth management and investment firm after leaving Merrill Lynch in 2006.

I don't see business owner as one of the choices, so I guess I am an "other"

Back