How did you find us?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found this site after looking for recipes for the ultimate IPA, I found that and then some! This site is Great for finding recipes, new techniques and making new brew friends! I'm gonna become a premium member as soon as I can afford it! Right now I'm brewing a single hop pale ale with azacca hops I bottle it tomorrow hope it tastes as good as it smells!

I came across this forum looking on-line for info on microbrewing mead. I have always wanted to try but there is no way I can drink that much/give away that much in a 5 gal carboy LOL.

i was referred to this site by a friend that has been on here for a while. I actually did not create an account until i started searching for information on hops growing.

Honestly, I wanted an app based forum, as lots of the web based ones have limited features. I already lurked HBT, so when I saw an app, it was all I needed!

When I was getting ready to do my first brew, every time I Googled a question I had, HBT had the most hits with an answer. I joined the forum, and shortly after, became a supporting member.

Co-worker is a member, he planted the seed in my brain and I later asked him for his preferred forum.

Cheers from Croatia. I've stumbled upon HBT while searching (online, doh!) for recipes and tutorials about brewing DIYs. Anyways, been brewing for couple of years, done around 50 brews so far. Always looking to learn something new and improve my beers.

Peter

Greetings, found you all through the App as I was searching for a place to chat and find some used equipment.

Hello fellow brewmasters. I'm new to this forum, but not new to brewing. My 3rd go around (long story). Found your site by Googling for Homebrewing Forums. I must say I'm very impressed. A little about how I got started. I learned from Charlie Papazian up in Boulder, CO in 1979, before he became well..... Mister Megastar. Needles to say, Homebrewing has come a long, long ways since those days with Charlie and Colonel John. The Boulder Homebrewing Club would hold an Annual Beer & Steer, without saying it was akin to an annual Woodstock, except for all the people. As fortunes would have it, I had to move to support my family. Been through three iterations of homebrewing (sold (2x) or gave away & bought (3x) my homebrewing equipment over the years). Hopefully, by my choice of endeavors this will be the last time I sell my equipment or maybe my sons and daughters will sell it when I'm gone.... Interesting forum keep up the good work. :ban:

Ready for this? It isn't exactly an easy chain of events to follow but I will do my best to be concise and brief (no promises on brief ;)).

I started chasing "rabbit trails" after it became apparent that the majority of the people in power have lost their minds by deciding that Hillary and Donald where the two best people suited to run for the president. Suffice it to say, I started thinking about an exit strategy for when it all goes to hell in a handbasket and began thinking about what it would take to become a prepper and survive the coming apocalypse.

I was going to actually detail all of the twists and turns that led here, but... Somewhere along the way, I decided that a strong form of currency when everything else is gone and I am finally settled into my self sustaining home on land somewhere in the mountains would be alcohol or bullets. Well, still trying to figure out how to make bullets out of readily available items so alcohol won out between the two and I am now attempting to master making multiple forms of alcohol with the simplest tools and ingredients.

Hence, my many hours of google searching and research found me at this forum reading many different and interesting posts. I am still sorting through all of the different posts and information but I finally started my first batch of hard cider/apfelwein based on the recipes here (Edwort's Apfelwein) with a few modifications of my own.

I have a friend that is a brewer at Lakewood Brewery here in Dallas TX that is responsible for some of there award winning recipes who has been helping me, but when it came to taking some shortcuts and finding ways to simplify the process he basically has opted out.

Sooo.... I am looking for help from anyone that can help me determine the cheapest, easiest ways to produce viable drinkable hooch.

Anyway, this looks like a warm and comfortable place to hang around, so I am looking forward to meeting everyone and getting feedback about my experiments! :mug:

Hi all

Found the site while surfing.
Was researching on adding pine and nut flavours to beer.
Anyhow..... great to beer here...

I was googling home brew kombucha and there you were! Even when I'm on another forum, I see this one suggested.

Was searching at the time for root beer recipes with little to no luck. My wife helped me find this site. Initially I just ghosted around the soda forum. When I found I wasn't having luck with the roots/barks/twigs to make a root beer, and I still wanted to create something I turned to the mead/cider forums. I'm now 3 gallons down. 2 mead, 1 cyser.

Back