How did you find us?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was searching for info on all grain brewing and homebrewtalk came up among several others, after reading through some posts I decided this was where I wanted to be.

Great Site!

Tom

Googled , "What is the greatest forum on the Net?" And here I am.

Well I found you folks from a google search on home malting. I hail from Montreal, Quebec, Canada. I have been brewing all grain since 1983 when I was still in college and today my routine includes seasonal hop growing. For the past three years I have been malting local 6 row with excellent results and economy. My brewing favorites are blondes and ambers in the 4.5% to 6% range as well as the occasional stout or porter at 7% although I have made many other recipes over the years. I have great success malting wheat as well. For those interested in malting at home I can send a sketch of my germination/kilning set-up with a few pics to help get started. Cheers!

My boss. He has been home brewing for a year or so. I needed a new hobby...love to cook, love beer, so I thought why not take my culinary skills to the beer making level and brewed my first batch last December. Told him about it and he said I must check out this forum. Have been reading the posts for a month now and decided to join. Here I am! Batch number 4 fermenting....

I found this site while surfing for info about malting at home. I've been brewing grain for about 33 years and malting local Quebec grown 6 row for 3 years. My hop garden is two years old and has taught me something about the people who keep the rest of brewers supplied with quality hops.
Cheers

Not sure, but probably google. Seems like every topic I was searching for ended up with at least one thread over here. Finally registered when I found something I wanted to ask for more information on

I think if you type into Google BEE before you punch in the R this site comes up.....lol

I was a lurker on the homebrewing subreddit at reddit.com for a long time, and saw lots of mentions of this site. Then when I started developing questions that I couldn't find answers to there, it seems that HBT was always in the top search results. I started lurking here, and then recently I started posting as well. Love these forums!

Google. I was searching for information on how to make gruit ales and ended up at this forum. Glad I did, I've learned a lot here.

Hiya. Google took me by the hand and led me here while I sulked about the heavy I just bottled being too bitter. Just getting back into brewing after a long absence and I think I'd like to do it better this time 'round. Y'all seem like you have a clue so I'm gonna sit up in my chair and pay attention. ;) Greetings from Southern Ontario

I found your post because I have equipment that I am selling and someone who wanted to buy my equipment wanted it for brewing beer. I was just wondering if anyone in this forum knows anything about stainless steel steam jacketed kettles. I have 3 -kettles, 20 gallon, 80 gallon, and 160 gallon. What should I sell these for. When I look online they are really expensive and I want to give him a deal.

Just a girl needing help!

Thank for input

taburnside

Through the joys of google and a perverse fascination with the "post your infection" thread. I've been homebrewing for about 9 months now and felt it was time to dive in.

I can't remember how I found this site - probably through Google. I have it bookmarked now, so I'm sure I'll be a regular here from now on. I've been brewing for about 18 years and I'm finally good at it. I can make beer that's as good as your local brewery using pretty unsophisticated equipment.

This site has some of the New Zealand hops that I can't find locally. I haven't ordered anything from here yet, but I definitely will in the future. Great site.

I was recomended to join here by a friend who steered me in the right direction. Also beersmith podcasts.

Hello from little guy,
I found home brew talk just by conducting a search for brewing and distilling equipment,which by they way is there any subject matter experts in distilling???

First popup on Google when I searched for home brew forums. Board seemed alive, figure if the place pans out I can purchase a membership.

Well I was looking for information about stainless steel steam-jacketed kettle
prices so I could list my kettles on craiglist and came upon this site. I posted a question on homebrewtalk to find out if anyone was interested in purchasing my 20 gallon, 80 gallon, and 160 gallon kettles for brewing and so far no one has answered.

I just get a question of how did you find us!

Well the above paragraph lets you know how I found your post....Since then I have passed on the website address to clients who home brew!

So if anyone is interested in my steam kettles let me know...hope to hear from you!

I was googling various problems and using your members sage advice on countless occasions. You have the collective knowledge of experienced home brewers from around the world, who are willing to help out new members.

Hi all, I am a semi newbie (all grain) brewer. But I used to be a chef so I follow recipes very well and all my beers thus far have tasted great.
Maple Bacon Brown.
IPA
Delerium Tremens Clone

Anyways, I don't know how to start a new thread so I'm writing here.
I have an Idea for chilling wort faster and using less water. i haven't seen any talk of this and am suprised. I hope there is nothing wrong with it.

Together with using a 25' wort chiller. I have 1 gallon stainless novelty Flasks.
I'd like to fill them with water, Freeze them and use them as giant ice cubes.

Any reason why I shouldn't try this? (I hope not)

I will try this experiment with boiling water and I will put blue food coloring in the ice to see if they last water tight.

I live in Saratoga California and there's been a drought so I don't want to waste too much water chilling wort.I will also collect the water from wort chiller in a rain capturing barrel.

Cheers! (sorry about the long message.

I'm just getting in to brewing and have been researching as much as possible... this vast sweep of the intraweb lead me here..... have I found MECCA?

I just googled New England homebrewing forum and i found this. i had heard it was a good brewing forum in the past.

Back