How did you find us?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found on Google, but then on our first visit to LHBS to purchase goodies, the proprietor mentioned the forums here. Just pitched yeast yesterday into our very first batch of cider! Yay!

I sought a recipe for hard ginger beer. I'm thinking that I want a higher percentage ginger beer, around 7-10%, but also sweet. So I want to use the right sugar for the yeast, the right yeast for the mash or wort or ferment. I'm hoping someone can steer me onto the best process.

After multiple Google searches many if my questions were answered by members here. Eager learn more.

Have done one extract kit and within a week was building my own immersion chiller and setting up a cooler as a mash tun. Will be doing my first all grain kit next weekend.

Already see this hobby getting out of control.View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1422404499.250912.jpg

Hello. I am new to brewing. I have made 2 brews already. One was in the tea bag and one was the cereal mash. I'm trying to make a shiner bock now since it's my favorite. I have a recipe for a 5 gal and got all of the ingredients. I only have 3 1gal bottles so I will make half of that recipe. I pretty much understood everything except when it told me to add the cereal to the main mash. Threw me off. I tried to find a video but couldn't. Please help.View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1422815145.044084.jpg

Although new to brewing also here is my take on the instructions. Looks like the cereal mash is the 2.26 lbs of corn grits and 5 oz. of 6 row malt done separately in 3.3 quarts of water. Adjust since you are making 3 gallons instead of 5.
Add the rest of grains to mash tun and mash. In the meantime bring the cereal mash of corn grits and 6 row to a boil then add to mash in mash tun and adjust water temp.

Cheers

Thank you. Ive made it this far. I'm going to mash out in a few. How do I add the right amount of water so that I have enough got my 3 gal carboys? Thank you for all your help.

Every time i googled something i needed the answer to in regards to homebrewing, it directed me here. and my question always got answered. so here i am! :tank:

Every time I've searched Google with a home brew question, Hombrewtalk.com has either been the 1st result or in the top three.

Google..

New to brewing Searching for experiences from other home-brewers. Looks like I found the right place!! :rockin:

Found you guys while repinning on Pinterest! My brother has been home brewing for a few years and has really perfected his art. I just finished my first batch with a true rookie kit: Mr. Beer! Yay me! wish me luck!

Being new to homebrewing, I have lots of questions. Since google kept sending me here to answer all the questions I asked, I figured I should join and stick around.

Google search, of course. I think I was doing research on BIAB at the time, but I might have been two two-hearteds deep down the rabbit hole.

My dad has been a home brewer for 20+ years and has passed down the equipment he started with and also told me about this forum, so here I am and i love this sight!

Just started getting back into home brewing after about a decade-long hiatus. Hoping that eventually I can take my beer to the next level and get the hoppy ales I truly crave.

Back