How did you find us?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I, like others, was googleing homebrewing and no matter what terms I searched, HBT was always at the top of the page with the most helpful information.

What a progression:
Searching "How to make beer" as a generic interest
Convincing SWMBO that I need a cool hobby
Ordering John Palmer's How to Brew
Brewing beers that taste fantastic
Having friends/family rave about your beer
Answer questions to friends who take the hobby up because of you

Someone on another (non brew-related) forum suggested this one...I have taken a look at several brewing sites and didn't know which one was the 'best'....I'm new to brewing and have been only doing soda so far...gathering equipment for ale brewing...

I was actually looking for likely vendors of ingredient kits and stumbled across this site. WAY more useful than what I was actually looking for.

I was searching for a full grain Strong Belgian ale recipe last year and ended up on your forums. I decided to join up and I am glad I did...

Trip

Whenever I had an issue I would google it, this forum ALWAYS was on top of the list and has answered my questions from day one. After nearly 3 months of lurking I decided to join :D

a co-worker sent me the link to the Keezer build...what a project. I spent the rest of my lunch hour (and maybe a little longer) looking at all the projects people have posted...I'm gonna need a bigger garage.

I can't honestly recall precisely how I found HBT, AS I recall it, I was actually trying to find information about making a wort chiller (Googled) and the site popped up -I didn't actually find the information at first -I was busy gawking at all the threads and kept reading one after another -by morning I was hooked (and very tired). I signed up as a member shortly after -and have gained so much good advice and met some really great brewers -decided that I needed to support the forum as well (which makes this the ONLY forum I actually give any financial support to -and will continue to do so (hopefully going life-member in another year -depending on finances etc.)
I never fail to mention this site to those who are interested in getting into this great hobby (well, lifestyle, really).
I have tried other homebrewer-forums, but this one is the only one that feels 'right' -just never felt like I fit in at others.

So glad I found this awesome forum searching Google for recipes and brewing info! Been lurking for quite a while and finally posting.

...and enjoy it immensely!!!

wait..

..to be one of my favorites!!!

wrong answer?

I heard about it in the culinary arts section of the shroomery.

-Kingboomer

most likely google but cant put my finger on it. Too many beers since then. Partial extract brewer, bottle. great site great advise. Lots of ideas. This forum will make me a better brewer.

Everytime I Googled a brewing topic, the answers that were the best, most relevant and informative, had a link to a discussion post here....

I was looking for a pumpkin ale receipt and this popped up as the third or forth hit. I clicked it and it said it had an iPad app for free. I downloaded it and here I am. I brewed a Boston honey wheat to night. I'm looking forward to seeing how it comes out in a month.:mug:

I was looking on a homebrew forum in the UK that i joined.

The subject was about books so I ended up here by chancebut quite relieved that I did.

Cheers:rockin:

I've been searching the net for anyone who may be as insane as I am. I ended up with a huge amount of grape jelly, (you don't want to know) which is approximately a lifetime supply at the rate my family eats it. I have been using the google looking to see if anyone had ever tried to make wine from jelly. I stumbled across this site, and while I haven't found anything about jelly wine, it has what look to be some good recipes and cool people, so I figured to sign up. I did take a half jar of the jelly (I dissolved the other half to use in punch- a bit sweet, but the kids liked it), added hot water and bread yeast and let the jar sit with a loose lid for a few weeks. I've actually poured it off into a wine bottle, and while a bit yeasty tasting and still fermenting a bit, it is actually drinkable and kicks like a mule. So maybe I'll become famous for inventing a use for grape jelly besides weird BBQ meatball recipes and P&J.

wildclover said:
I've been searching the net for anyone who may be as insane as I am. I ended up with a huge amount of grape jelly, (you don't want to know) which is approximately a lifetime supply at the rate my family eats it. I have been using the google looking to see if anyone had ever tried to make wine from jelly. I stumbled across this site, and while I haven't found anything about jelly wine, it has what look to be some good recipes and cool people, so I figured to sign up. I did take a half jar of the jelly (I dissolved the other half to use in punch- a bit sweet, but the kids liked it), added hot water and bread yeast and let the jar sit with a loose lid for a few weeks. I've actually poured it off into a wine bottle, and while a bit yeasty tasting and still fermenting a bit, it is actually drinkable and kicks like a mule. So maybe I'll become famous for inventing a use for grape jelly besides weird BBQ meatball recipes and P&J.

Look up a recipe, they are out there!! I have a book of them and jam or jelly is one of them!! And there are wine yeasts that u can get online or at a local winery that sells everything you need to make wine! Good luck! And god speed!!

In an unending search for knowledge and why there were little white spots on the beer after primary fermentation... found the answer and this forum.

Being relatively new to home brewing, I've had a lot of questions. More than one has been answered by reading this forum. Thanks!

I was searching for a food grade coating for my honey extractor and someone had asked your site for advice about an apple press. My friend is home brewing wine so I was interested in the brewing site.

was looking at getting into homebrewing and checking prices for set ups and found this in a google search

How I find everything these days... Google! Although, Google hasn't found where my wife left her keys yet...

Back