How did you find us?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Planted hops a few years ago, missed the harvest window last year. Was paying more attention this year googling exactly when to harvest. This group came up frequently. I have been reading as a guest for a couple months and finally decided to join, lots of good info here.
I also have realized I don't know what I don't know, but some one here probably does.

Originally found HBT as an app on the Play Store, and used to be pretty active. Been away for awhile though. Guess there isn't an app anymore?
Welcome back!

No, the app was an adaptation of another app, and the underlying app was not maintained. Ended up not working with the platform that currently runs HBT.

doug293cz
HBT Moderator

I have no idea. i was trying to talk about beer with some old buddies and now the site is completely different.
You have been transported to an alternate reality. The website where you were lurking has been combined with HomeBrewTalk, to keep what was fading away from disappearing entirely. Welcome to HBT.

doug293cz
HBT Moderator

Brand new here found HBT from googling 2 kettle K-RIMS systems. I’m looking to upgrade and I don’t have a lot of room so I’m trying to research to see what systems would be best for me.

I don’t have a lot of room

brewrig.jpg

IC goes in the mash tun, racking cane also, mash tun ontop of boil kettle, which is on top of my bayou burner, fits in the closet nicely!

View attachment 809068

IC goes in the mash tun, racking cane also, mash tun ontop of boil kettle, which is on top of my bayou burner, fits in the closet nicely!
That’s what I was looking at going with but the more I read I’m seeing that a 3 kettle is better for efficiency because you don’t sparge, and just recirculating doesn’t do the same job pulling more sugars out. I’ve seen videos where the brewer was trying to get a high ABV but didn’t have enough room for all the grain so they split the grain in half then used the wort that they got from the first half and used that for the second half. So I’m not sure how true that is.

Back