How close is your family?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Family

• Parents Live In Same Town

• Parents Live In Same County

• Parents Live in Same State

• Parents Live in Bordering State

• Parents Live Far Away

Results are only viewable after voting.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Geographically .... If both your parents are passed on then vote based on their location to you right before they passed. If you folks are divorced then replace the word Parents with Parent.

My immediate family, mother/sister/nephew are all within about a 40 minute drive from me. My dad died 2 years ago around this time of year...

The rest of the family are pretty much within an hour to an hour and a half's drive from me. All in the Metro Detroit area, except for some family I've never met in Spain.

My parents are in Alaska which isn't too far, but we still don't see them as often as I would like. With few other exceptions the rest of my family is centered around two locations in Michigan.

My Mom Dad and Sister (and family) live in KC...about 200 miles away. My in-laws all live here in St. Louis. Thankfully, they're 100% Irish and live my homebrew. :D

I'm in Oregon. Mom and sister are in Arlington, TX. Dad is in College Station, TX.
Think I have my mom and sis talked into moving up to Oregon in the next year or so.
Dad thinks anything outside of TX is a foreign country. Strange folk, those Texans;)

same town, roughly 10 feet away.

my dad passed about 12 years ago now, in pennsylvania, so roughly 1000 miles for his remains I reckon.

I voted bordering state, though not technically accurate. Up here in New England states are smaller than a lot of other states.

I'm in VT. My folks are in CT. My sister was in CT but just moved to TX and my brother is in NH.

Bordering state for my parents and aunts/uncles, sister is in MA. Paternal grandparents and dad's side of the family in Chicago and suburbs; I still a fair bit of family in Poland as well.

Parents/Brothers/Sisters houses all within 300 yrds...

Most of my cousins/Aunts/Uncles are within a half hour drive (15 miles )

I live on the same street with my parents, brother and sister. I jokingly call it the compound. My dad used to develop subdivisions (among other things) and kept a piece of land for all of us to build on.

I know it doesn't suit everybody but we all love it. :)

201 miles door to door from my parents. I have family all over, Alaska, Texas, etc. SWMBO lives in KC for the interim, so that has been a frequently visited place at about 220 miles away.

Hey - where's the "too close" option?

30 minutes away. Sis lives within walking distance of the 'rents... I plan on moving farther away...

My parents live under two ornamental trees in my back garden. Can we have a "Dead Parents" option please? Prior to that, as much as I loved them, 4000 miles away was a comfortable distance for me. :)

Back