how clean my pet bottle and sanitize

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max3131

Reaction score
Hi every one i have a question. How i wash my empty bottle (after use ) , i Have a pet bottle 750 ml (mr cooper kit) and i want to know what soap your use and DO I NEED TO SANITIZE RIGHT after cleanning my bottle or i just need to sanitize when i will bottle my next batch tank you !!

I give the bottles a good rinse, swirl, and rinse right after pouring, and leave them full of water until I'm finished. Then I take them all and (with hot water) 1) Rinse the outside 2) Jet wash the inside 3) Bottle brush the inside 4) Jet wash the inside. I've found that if nothing is left to dry on the inside, elbow grease will do the job without chemical cleaner. After brew club meetings or any time they have been left to dry, I use Oxi Clean.

What ncbrewer said is helpful about rinsing right away. Theres nothing worse then someone returning bottles with dried gunk in the bottom that's hard to get out . If you rinse right away cleaning is a cinch.

Back