How bout this....I’ve got head!!!! (That’s what he said....)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngryAndy

Reaction score
First off thanks to everyone. And a big fat thank you ya smelly glove. I came right home and measured and checked temperature.

I was at 18psi with 5ft of 3/16 beer line. That calculator you posted suggested 8psi. So I turned off the tank. Burped it. Cranked it back to 8 and wow what an immediate difference.

Picture one is 1 minute after the pour.
Picture two is 5 minutes after the pour.

Like smelyglove said. Could be the lines are unbalanced.

Much appreciated. I hope I have spoke too soon. We shall see.

IMG_3413.jpg
IMG_1528928316.024119.jpg

Right, but that's not a solution, as leaving the beer under 8 psi will cause it to immediately outgas CO2 to reach the new, flatter equilibrium.

Definitely, you need longer lines. Either follow Mike's calculator or, as was mentioned, use 1 foot of 3/16" ID conventional beer line per CO2 psi. Either will allow your system to maintain the desired carbonation level of your beer and serve it well...

Cheers!

I believe you left the thread before I edited my last post. I've found out that my Id is 0.11811 inches (copy paste from google, hence the decimals). which is smaller than 3/16". Thus making the 5ft line workable for me.

But either way. It seems like you've gotten a better perception of keg-karbonation. You seem to have a nice head there, that one will give you lacing, just balance the lines further taken into account what my first paragraph said.

I run all of my beers at 8-9 psi. My keezer is set to 34°F. This gives me ~2.4 - 2.5 vol CO2 in my beers.

Back