How are you celebrating the 500th anniversary of Reinheitsgebot?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking about drinking a 40 of malt liquor in celebration. I am sure that OE 800 is brewed to those strict guidelines. Either that or pop open a Helles for a 6 pack in my fridge

Think I will have to have one or two bottles of the Augustiner Helles clone I brewed a few weeks ago.

It is?! I wasnt brewing, but now I feel like I need to take time to thumb my nose at tradition. Maybe some sort of cream of three crops variant - has anyone added rye or wheat for a 4th crop?

I will be brewing, but wont be following the rules :smack:

I will enjoy some Maibock though. Copious amounts. Because Reinheitsgebot...

I wouldn't have realized the occasion. Thank you Maltman. Nearly all my beers are almost Reinheitsgebot, because I don't like a lot of spices, fruit, or soot in my beer -- not because I care about complying with any German "laws." However, I always use whirlfloc, so I suppose I'm in violation.

Tomorrow? Just work and a bottle of my dwindling supply of homebrew. No time to brew.

I had a couple of these:

20160423_164315_zpsljyoci3g.jpg

Think I'll do it with gruit. ;)

I was trying to work out if a malted wheat and rye gruit brewed with apple cider as the base liquor could be made to work... If you are going to thumb your nose at the Reinheitsgebot by not using hops, why use barley or water*.

Obviously, I'd still rack onto fruit and use whirfloc. And Irish moss and gelatin.

As an aside, is adding CO2 to beer in violation of the CAMReinheitsgebot?

;)

*yes, I know cider has water in it.

Drank some HB Marzen

attachment.php

Brewed some Dunkel

attachment.php

attachment.php

Drank some HB Altbier
attachment.php

Sipped some HB Apfelwein
attachment.php

I've no idea what to do for the next 500 years of waiting.

Back