how am I doing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwaite

Reaction score
Ok I started my first gal bach of mead in February . 3lb honey 1gl water an few cups of black berries . Iv rack it 1ns about a month ago and added some more honey heated with more berries.

I just racked it for the third time tonight . Not shore if it should be tasting good yat or not but it had quite thr tangy flavor to it... That sound normal? The abv was 15% wich I think is good...?

Any thing I should be doing at this point or just keep waiting an racking off the lees every few months?

The only thing you should do at this point is
1. stop drinking before you post, lol with all typos I had to get drunk to read it :tank:
2. just leave it alone and rack it off of the lees.
Just a side note, there is no reason to heat honey. Some people warm honey up to make it easier to pour and mix in- but I just add it at room temps.

Yea man it should be tangy right now just let her ride for a bit. It sucks waiting but thats the name of the game.

Very cool and thank you...
Sorry I use my phone so it doesn't always come out the best. The typos and all ...

Latest posts

Back