how about a meme generator thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't need to give the units when you say -40°. Celsius and Fahrenheit, it's the same. -40°F=-40°C.

And if any of you think you'll be snarky and say "but Kent, what about Kelvin?". There are no negative Kelvin temperatures. 0° Kelvin is the point where atoms stop moving altogether. 😁
Sounds about the temperature where a Swede would start complaining it's a cold winter this year, and a Finn would start contemplating putting a coat on...

Yeah, and then the Norwegian would start makin' jokes about Finns and Swedes.

Yah, shur. You betcha'!
Meh, we all do that all the time already.
How do you sink a Norwegian submarine? You swim down and knock on the hatch.
What do you call a Finn who looks at YOUR shoes while talking? An extrovert.

Meh, we all do that all the time already.
How do you sink a Norwegian submarine? You swim down and knock on the hatch.
What do you call a Finn who looks at YOUR shoes while talking? An extrovert.
My wife is the child of a mixed marriage: Swedish and Norwegian. Family reunions are a never-ending festival of Sven & Oly jokes.

My wife is the child of a mixed marriage: Swedish and Norwegian. Family reunions are a never-ending festival of Sven & Oly jokes.
Lots of Scandinavians in this part of the world. The Swedish jokes are always about a couple named Ole and Lena. My maternal Grandma’s parents were actually named Ole and Lena, so I’m a direct descendant. :cool:

I got close to that during rush week in 1970. I was dragged from house to house and left atop the lawns :D

1615007250049.png

Yep, me too.

About 4 Years old realized an unfolded paper clip fit in the outlet.

Then at 25 rewired my whole house and was too cheap to call the utility to shut the power off when landing the circuits in the box. Taped the screwdriver all the way to the head and kept one hand in my pocket. Was feeling pretty cocky by the last circuit and of course slipped off the nut for the neutral. Hit the main bus and did nearly kill myself. (Did pee my pants and almost gave my wife a heart attack.) Almost 40 years later she still brings it up on occasion when explaining to the kids and grandkids they are pretty lucky to be around.

Yep, me too.

About 4 Years old realized an unfolded paper clip fit in the outlet.

Then at 25 rewired my whole house and was too cheap to call the utility to shut the power off when landing the circuits in the box. Taped the screwdriver all the way to the head and kept one hand in my pocket. Was feeling pretty cocky by the last circuit and of course slipped off the nut for the neutral. Hit the main bus and did nearly kill myself. (Did pee my pants and almost gave my wife a heart attack.) Almost 40 years later she still brings it up on occasion when explaining to the kids and grandkids they are pretty lucky to be around.

Hand in pocket...cocky...slipped off the nut

There is a joke in here somewhere :)

Ole and Lena were driving north to the Twin Cities for their honeymoon when Ole put his hand on Lena's thigh. Lena told him he could go further.

So he drove to Duluth.

That is my father in law's favorite joke.

Ole and Lena were driving north to the Twin Cities for their honeymoon when Ole put his hand on Lena's thigh. Lena told him he could go further.

So he drove to Duluth.

That is my father in law's favorite joke.

That one is a bit tame, compared to a few the men folk tell when the ladies aren't present. Ribald classics indeed!

I confess to have crossed that line often and repeatedly...
Same goes for all those who insist on typing in all CAPS!

meh all lower case all upper proper casing its all about the proper use of punctuation and paragraphs dont ignore paragraphs whats up with audio correct these days :)

Back