how about a meme generator thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
336181273_1647117019057256_1478102732969335131_n.png

I have in-laws in Africa. My wife visited them once after an internship in Europe. She occasionally tells me about how once they went for a boat ride, one guy on the crew was bailing the whole time, the other guy manned what we in the US would think was a horribly undersized outboard motor. They were pretty nervous when they went by the bloat of hippos. Do not swim with the cocaine hippos.

Tubby bastards?! 🤣 A little like thinking elephants are over weight. Hippos are just right for what they are, and yea, they don’t play nicely generally.
Yeah, humans underestimate the large animals. The average human male can hit 13km/h. Elephants can do between 25km/h and 40km/h and hippos can make 30km/h on land. Usain Bolt might pull away from them initially, but their stamina is also much greater than a human sprinter.

Something southern folks will understand View attachment 815227
grew up down there, never was a big fan. There is, after all, such a thing as "too much".

"μηδὲν ἄγαν. Nothing in excess.

said to have been inscribed in the forecourt to the Temple of Apollo at Delphi. Later, they were attributed to one or another of the seven sages of Greece.

μηδὲν ἄγαν, “nothing too much,” is the early Greek equivalent for “be moderate in all things,” often quoted from the Horatian tag in Latin (but several hundred years later), modus in rebus."

The Greeks knew a thing or two. (it's too far past the ides of March, and Roman not Greek, to use "tu")

Some play on meters/meaters was right there. Then I wouldn't have to relive the last time I was measured for clothes for no reason.

Although if I get it done now it might help my back, which would be cheaper than a chiropractor or a massage.
Soooo, walking on your chest and face will help your back, Kent?Fly me over, I’ll do it for free. :thumbsup:

Back