how about a meme generator thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where’s the guy who got all pissy about a meme with a picture of Hitler in it?

Shaking hands - Dilbert on April 29, 2021

When i was young, a tornado destroyed our home along with much of the nearest town. Among the emergency relief supplies that some agency brought in was countless cases of water in white aluminum cans with nothing but the Anheuser Busch eagle printed on them. There are still a couple in my grandma's garage. Hadn't seen another like them until this post. Very cool.
We see these occasionally on mutual aid fire calls. Got a bunch of them at a haystack fire a while back. We call them Budwater.
2492AC98-2F9F-4BC9-8429-2D5F1CB01CCF.jpeg

That's cool. If I can find one of those old ones, I'll post a picture of it. If I recall correctly, they're even plainer looking than that.

The one I had a couple years ago was all white with blue or black lettering and the AB logo and just said WATER. Didn't even say which AB brewery packaged it.

Maybe this is the version you saw?

View attachment 727566

There are actually a good handful of can versions going back over the years at least into the 90s.
Most were pretty simple - a couple were even "stark" - and all avoided self-congratulations...

Cheers!

Yeah, that one looks about like the can I had sitting around for awhile.

Screenshot_20210501-215604_Chrome.jpg
I still haven't found one of the cans I was talking about, but here's a shot from ebay of one pretty much just like it. Ours were from 1990.

Back