how about a meme generator thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1687975480910.png

I like the boom booms - as a spectator 😁

There's a neighbor about a 1/4 mile away but within explosion-earshot that loves fireworks and doesn't need a holiday to set off a crate or two. I don't know what was happening last Saturday but he kept a steady stream of skyborne explosions going for a solid 45 minutes. Unfortunately the trees are so thickly leafed out now you'd have to be within maybe 100 feet to see anything but the noise carried just fine.

Drove me nuts - I have 70 feet of deck facing directly towards their house and literally could not see a fricken spark. Sad...

Aviation has a perfect record. We’ve never left one up there.

Until age, and the beginnings of short term memory issues (not surprising given the genes I’ve inherited) convinced me to give it up, I spent the better part of half a century messing about with small airplanes.

Aviation has a perfect record. We’ve never left one up there.

Until age, and the beginnings of short term memory issues (not surprising given the genes I’ve inherited) convinced me to give it up, I spent the better part of half a century messing about with small airplanes.
Sadly, I’m singin’ the same tune. Not so concerned about screwing up the ‘macro’ decisions, but rather the cumulative micro mistakes that add up to a bad outcome.

I used to go to an FAA doctor who flew his own twin engine Commanche. An older gent, lots of fun to visit and talk ‘airplanes’ with. Landed gear-up one day flying on vacation to Ocean City. No body hurt, but the Feds “suggested” he hang up his flying spurs.

Sad. Not long after he gave up his medical practice. Not to long after that, he ‘flew West.’

Minor gripe about that iron from an amateur astronomer. Iron in star = end of life and maybe an earth-shattering kaboom.
Wikipedia says:
Roughly three-quarters of the Sun's mass consists of hydrogen (~73%); the rest is mostly helium (~25%), with much smaller quantities of heavier elements, including oxygen, carbon, neon, and iron.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun

Yeah but it's not burning(fusion) the iron. When stars reach the temperatures and pressure required to burn iron they find out that it's a bad idea to do so because the reaction is endothermic, removing energy from the core causing it to contract under its own gravity. And boom.

ps, where everything comes from:
Nucleosynthesis_periodic_table.png

Last edited:
Yeah but it's not burning(fusion) the iron. When stars reach the temperatures and pressure required to burn iron they find out that it's a bad idea to do so because the reaction is endothermic, removing energy from the core causing it to contract under its own gravity. And boom.

ps, where everything comes from:
View attachment 823853
actually.jpg

Back