Hosehead Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone had an issue with their hose head not opening up chromium? I've had my controller for a while now but i've just opened fired it up for the 1st time today (moved to new house) and i can't get anything to open. I can't even open terminal to lunch it manually. Any suggestions?

Will this work if my system is already jacked up? If nothing is opening now wouldn't that copy over the clone?

If system is already corrupt I doubt the copy will work. If it does work, you are simply copying the corrupt OS and settings. What's the point.

Or, am I missing something? Is the OS "jacked up" or the SD card "jacked up". Sorry, but "jacked up" has lots of different meanings.

Don't clone the SD card.

Just format the disk, flash a new OS image and github the SBE install in the terminal window.

The web browser in NOOBS OS has nothing to do with SBE. And windows 10 has nothing to do with NOOBS.

If system is already corrupt I doubt the copy will work. If it does work, you are simply copying the corrupt OS and settings. What's the point.

Or, am I missing something? Is the OS "jacked up" or the SD card "jacked up". Sorry, but "jacked up" has lots of different meanings.
the system starts up fine and comes to the startup screen. I just can't get the internet and terminal to open up

Don't clone the SD card.

Just format the disk, flash a new OS image and github the SBE install in the terminal window.

The web browser in NOOBS OS has nothing to do with SBE. And windows 10 has nothing to do with NOOBS.
would i do that using the hose head? if so that won't work, i cannot open anything internet related.

Thanks for the help, I was able to grab an image from someone on here. I picked a new sad card and it loaded up fine. It was an older version but I used the instructions in the text file for reinstalling Elsinore. Hopefully back to brewing this weekend after a long break.

Can someone explain how to do an Autotune on the Hosehead? Someone said on post #125 back on page 13.

Has anyone been able to get a hold of the Brewtronix people? Their site says they are closed until the fall, we are almost to winter. I have emailed many times and nothing. I guess it is time to look at alternatives. Any recommendations that won't break the bank?

I emailed him months ago due to a corrupt raspberry pi installation and got no response. Even if he did start selling again, I'd be very apprehensive about purchasing from him, unless you're happy to go in knowing that his support cannot be relied upon.

I emailed him months ago due to a corrupt raspberry pi installation and got no response. Even if he did start selling again, I'd be very apprehensive about purchasing from him, unless you're happy to go in knowing that his support cannot be relied upon.
I was told today that a corrupt SD card is a complete non issue with raspberry pi and anyone stating otherwise was just parroting what others say.... So surely you must be mistaken ;)

I was told today that a corrupt SD card is a complete non issue with raspberry pi and anyone stating otherwise was just parroting what others say.... So surely you must be mistaken ;)

Well, go on... tell us to buy one of your brew control systems!

Has anyone been able to get a hold of the Brewtronix people? Their site says they are closed until the fall, we are almost to winter. I have emailed many times and nothing. I guess it is time to look at alternatives. Any recommendations that won't break the bank?

I'd do the blichmann controller if the hosehead wasn't an option

Pm me, I can send you the response I got from another user for fixing a corrupted card.

I would forget any of these software based controllers,they come and go and leave the buyers high and dry trying to figure out how to fix them. Unless you are software savy and enjoy tweaking them instead of brewing beer, then consider more conventional controllers .There are several DIY builds available.

Has anyone had any luck calibrating the temp probes? I am using Craftbeerpi. It seems as if I need to continue to set the offset during each brew day. Sometimes it is off by 15-20 degrees. Thanks

Pm me, I can send you the response I got from another user for fixing a corrupted card.
I saw your thread regarding corrupted hosehead Sd card. It sounds like my problem. I'm sorry I don't know the proper etiquette for this type of thing so forgive me if I'm going about this improperly. I just need to get my rig up and running; when out the other day and got an error message when booting up so I'm dead in the water. Any help would be great, even a pointing in the right direction. Thank you. fred

Fred:

I'll look in the next day or two, but I should still have an image or a link to a google drive with a new image for an SD card. You'll need a separate card from the one in your hosehead though, but they're about $20 on Amazon.

Fred:

I'll look in the next day or two, but I should still have an image or a link to a google drive with a new image for an SD card. You'll need a separate card from the one in your hosehead though, but they're about $20 on Amazon.
Any luck finding the image for the SD card. My brew partner, understandably, wants some resolution and me being cheap I want to try and get this thing fixed before investing in something new. Thanks.

I am having issues with my Hosehead 5BC Pi3 controller in that it will not boot up (the last line or the error code: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(179,2)). I know almost zero about Raspberry Pi. I can probably open up the controller to swap out the SD card. If anyone is interested I can offer $100 to anyone who can get me back up and running. What I would suggest, if someone wants to take me up on it is that they copy their SD onto a new card (two cards for me would be best so I have a backup), send me the card and then we have a phone conversation if needed to walk me through any configuration that may need to be done. I remember when I first got the unit Cory had to help me get it working but don't remember the details and I can't reach him. Just to be clear, I need to be up and running as in able to control my heat elements not just have a clean updated SD card. Thanks, Fred

I dont think this is stepping on anyone's toes since Corey seems to be out of the game right now.
When I corrupted my SD card he sent me this email with links for the 5BC.
Its a pretty easy process to reformat the SD card with the image below using the instructions also below.
I definitely recommend buying an extra SD card and format a backup to keep when it happens again and you are ready to brew.

Here is the image file download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3v5TJRshLI0X1dpTUJGazV0V2c/view?usp=drivesdk

How to install images:

Raspberry Pi Documentation - Getting Started

To open the unit:
remove 2 bottom screws on the front and the 4 screws on the back, loosen the 2 cord grips. Move the back panel out of the way and the whole bottom will slide off towards the back.

This video shows how to finish configuring elsinore

Could you please send me the fix for a corrupt SD for Hosehead, I'm dead in the water and don't know what I'm doing with the whole Pi thing. Thanks!

I dont think this is stepping on anyone's toes since Corey seems to be out of the game right now.
Its a pretty easy process to reformat the SD card with the image below using the instructions also below.
I definitely recommend buying an extra SD card and format a backup to keep when it happens again and you are ready to brew.

How to install images:

To open the unit:
remove 2 bottom screws on the front and the 4 screws on the back, loosen the 2 cord grips. Move the back panel out of the way and the whole bottom will slide off towards the back.

Thank you, I'll give it a try!

How to install images:

To open the unit:

I went to the Google drive link and it said the file didn't exist.

Back