Hosed!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strat_thru_marshall

Reaction score
I completed my keezer last weekend, kegged my first three batches the prior weekend and naturally carb'd.

I just tapped the first keg (a dark German style lager)........and its not carbed up at all! It tastes like sugar water!! :(

At least I have 4 batches in bottles ready to roll...dang...I was waiting for my first homebrew draft all day!! Keg 2 and 3 havent gone in the cooler yet...maybe they'll be ready by this weekend.

Did you check that your kegs are sealing, and seal with 30 psi (I think?) after adding the priming sugar? Also 2 weeks is on the quick side but I would still think there should be some carb in there. Did you taste the FG sample and what was it (and the OG)?
Ok that should be enough from me now!

The FG was 1.010. the current gravity is 1.018. Kegs are sealing just fine, I got over-anxious... I've been planning this keezer for a while now, and I just couldn't be patient and let the yeasts do their thing!!

Damn, Are you sure the FG was 1.010 and how much sugar did you put in? I'm pretty sure it shouldn't jump up by 8 points because of the priming sugar (I would think that would be about 1 lbs of sugar). I would guess your yeast might have fallen asleep or something, what temp did you let them sit at to carb? And you didn't do anything silly like cold crashing before transfering to the keg (just checking;))?

I know what you mean about being anxious, I'm still waiting to to transfer into my first keg, its just taking soooooooo long to finish fermenting! I mean 2 weeks, really do I have to wait 2 weeks, then another 3 to carb. Come on :).

Latest posts

Back