Hornindal kveik yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allekornbrauer

Reaction score
Hello what other kinds of beer style’s can be brew using Hornindal kveik yeast? I am about to brew a American pale ale with Hornindal yeast it my first time using the Hornindal kveik I have use the Hothead kveik a number of times an love using that yeast.

Hello what other kinds of beer style’s can be brew using Hornindal kveik yeast? I am about to brew a American pale ale with Hornindal yeast it my first time using the Hornindal kveik I have use the Hothead kveik a number of times an love using that yeast.
This is what you’re looking for Hornindal Kveik is blowing my mind

But IMO Any beer you want to be able to run hot and get pineapple citrus esters. Pales, ipas, co pitched sours, and wheat ales comes to mind.

Some people run it cooler to produce a clean fermented beer but I just think that’s foolish. When you run it cooler it finishes in the same time as a typical ale and it doesn’t have an ester profiles (which is primarily why your choosing this specific kviek). If that’s the case you’re better off saving the money and pitching us05 lol

Back