Hopsdirect shipping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mezak1gd

Reaction score
Does anybody know if USPS shipping turns out to be cheaper than the standard UPS when ordering from hopsdierect. thanks

Does anybody know if USPS shipping turns out to be cheaper than the standard UPS when ordering from hopsdierect. thanks

Well, if you are talking about "flat rate" boxes... no, I dont think so.

You can get a pound from HD shipped for about $5 anywhere... 2 pounds for like $7, 3 pounds for about $9? I got 50 pounds shipped for $48...

Thier shipping prices are actually pretty spot on and are aggregate

Yah, the medium flat rate boxes are $10+ and USPS tracking is non existant.

All i know is that from my experience it takes them forever to ship my orders. they tell me it will be a week and it's two or three.

7 lbs. to FL = $11.04

UPS Gnd

Guess I got screwed then. Two pounds shipped to Dallas, TX cost me $9.95??? I noticed that the UPS website showed that my package was 4 lbs. Either they shipped me more than the two pounds I ordered or they charged me for 4 pounds?

Either way, it comes out to 0.79 an ounce and that's a heck of deal compared to the $3.95 an ounce my LHBS is charging. :mug:

All i know is that from my experience it takes them forever to ship my orders. they tell me it will be a week and it's two or three.

My 2 experiences are as follows (assumes default UPS delivery was chosen):

• You will not get an order confirmation
  • You will get a deliver confirmation from UPS about 3 days after you place the order.
  • You will receive the order in about 10 days after placing it.
I am OK with this (wating 10 days can be painful). The price is outstanding.

Weird. I think it was like 5 days from order to doorstep, and I'm in IL.

Last time I ordered it was 50lbs and it was less than 7 days (total) and $48 shipping to Indianapolis. +1 on the best darn pricing around.

Not to mention that we were about 80 ounces heavy on the order (5 pounds)!

Back