Hops situation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rohanski

Reaction score
Because of the hop shortage last year I bought about 4 pounds of the three variaties of hops I use most. I haven't paid any attention to the hop situation this year until my took inventory of my stock and went to purchase more at Hopsdirect.com. What the hell happened? They only have 4 different variaties and it's of ones I have never used or heard of. Is this it for this year? Am I doomed.

Hops are only harvested once a year and harvest starts late next month. We are seeing some hops from Oz, New Zealand and South America. Their harvest was a couple months ago.

As long as this year's harvest is above average, next year shouldn't be much worse than the last. If much of the crop is below average again, it'll be a nightmare. Keep those fingers crossed.

more like October/November until we see them

Yes, sorry. August/September was, if I recall, when they first posted the list of what would be available, and started taking preorders? (Did they pre-order? Or am I confusing them with FH?).... I highly doubt there *will* be pre-orders given the market situation.

Right message, wrong month. My bad.

Harvest->processing->warehouse->wholesale->retail->you Takes a few months. On the other hand, if the harvest looks good anything that has been held in reserve will be released.

So since we are so close, how 'bout some of you hop hoarders send me 8 ounces so I can make an APA!!!

Latest posts

Back