Hops order

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluelou6

Reaction score
I ordered hops last weekend from Freshops. They ship USPS priority mail. Sales sent me an email after I asked about the status of my order saying that it had shipped Monday or Tuesday. I have ordered from them once before with no problems. I am starting to worry about my hops! Anyone ever had any problems with them before?

Priority is supposed to be like 2-3 days... was it send w/ a tracking number? If they shipped it out late Tuesday or Wednesday its may not get to you until today. IDK...has USPS dropped off today yet?

yes, USPS already came today. I asked about a tracking number and was told you don't get one with priority mail, which isn't true.

No company is impervious to lost shipments. Freshops is a good company with a fine reputation. My guess is it will get there, how far away are you from Oregon?

I have never ordered from them, but have had no problems. In fact I just got a box of hops from them today addressed to some guy in New Jersey. :rockin: :rockin: :D

McKBrew said:
I have never ordered from them, but have had no problems. In fact I just got a box of hops from them today addressed to some guy in New Jersey. :rockin: :rockin: :D

LOL I knew it!

I stopped by the post office and they said that it should have arrived today. That makes me feel a little better. I will give it a few more days before I start to worry again.

I spoke with Freshops on the phone. I believe it was the owner who answered. He was very nice and asked me to give him a few more days for the USPS to sort themselves out. Overall, I think this one is on the USPS. They do offer UPS ground as an option. It is slower, but trackable.

For those of you keeping score at home, Friday came and still no hops.

I would call them and have it checked on. They may be closed on the weekend though, sorry to hear about this.

Thanks for the support. My own personal loss aside, it kills me to see the USPS lose what precious hops we have left. Now that is something worthy of a Congressional hearing.

DeathBrewer said:
have freshops ship more hops and work it out with usps. and don't ever ship through usps again...they are dildos
A bit of a generlization there, every carrier gets their fair share of lost shipments and rants.

I have ordered from them twice and live on the left coast this being said it takes about a week or so for the post office to drop off my hops..... I bet a guy at USPS is sniffing the box before sending them to your door so there is your delay....

DRAGGER.....

I ordered from freshhops about a week ago, had the order shipped USPS, and recieved the package 4 days later with no problems at all.

I placed an order with them before x-mas and didn't get it until after new years. Holidays are kind of crazy, so maybe that's why mine was slow, but odds are you'll get your hops. Give it a few more days.

(but I know how frustrating it is to not get your stuff when you want it.)

Well, I got my hops order today. This was the replacement order sent by Freshops. That's the good news. The bad news is I am not particularly happy with the quality of the Sterling I ordered. The other varities look ok. I guess it is a result of the shortage. Oh well, it is definitely better than no hops at all.

Back