Hops.... Mosaic/Galaxy/Sabro pairing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panderson1

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone used these together?

Was thinking an IPA with some magnum at 60min. Then an oz of each (Mosaic/Galaxy/Sabro) at 10. Then another oz of each in a 15 min whirlpool at 180

A little bitter + juicy. Dry hop maybe 2 oz of Galexy in the keg.

I only have Maris Otter and maybe 10% vienna malt. Probably around 1.070 mashed at 149

I did a similar thing a year or 2 ago but used simcoe at 60, and citra where you have mosaic. Fairly close comparison, it was an good batch and the only reason I have not brewed it is that my wife doesn't like sabro. Totally turns her off... so we dont use it.

Edit: but I like it, you know how that goes though, happy wife happy life.

I did a similar thing a year or 2 ago but used simcoe at 60, and citra where you have mosaic. Fairly close comparison, it was an good batch and the only reason I have not brewed it is that my wife doesn't like sabro. Totally turns her off... so we dont use it.

Edit: but I like it, you know how that goes though, happy wife happy life.

I am not sure I've distinctly tasted Sabro before. Is it coconut/creamy that she doesn't like? Maybe I should ease off in the whirlpool. I was actually thinking of adding actual unsweetened coconut to the whirlpool as well

It sounds like a nightmare to me. I like Galaxy just fine but I sense Mosaic as mixed berry and diesel. Sabro in any significant quantity is like imitation coconut and soap.

It sounds like a nightmare to me. I like Galaxy just fine but I sense Mosaic as mixed berry and diesel. Sabro in any significant quantity is like imitation coconut and soap.

Lol, damn. I guess we'll see.

Latest posts

Back