Quantcast

Hoppin' Frog in Akron, Ohio

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I finally had some time to post about a visit I had to Hoppin' Frog when I was visiting my family in Ohio.

Here are a few pictures:

DSCF5893.jpg

DSCF5894.jpg

DSCF5895.jpg

DSCF5896.jpg

The brewery is small but the brewer (and the beers they produce!) is excellent. They are GABF award (gold!) winners and rightfully so. http://www.hoppinfrog.com/ is their website.

I LOVE their triple IPA and B.O.R.I.S, but I really loved every one of their beers just as much and can't pick a favorite.

Great company, great employees (the ones I met) and a cool logo. I bought lots of beer at the brewery, as well as a t-shirt. If you ever get the chance to sample one of their beers, do it!

BBKing

Reaction score
I tried their Triple IPA awhile ago, it wasnt bad. I dont feel that it was worth the price (almost 20 bucks for a bomber if I remember correctly).

I'd be willing to try some more of their stuff, but its just too rich for my blood.

One of their employees was posting here a while back I remember. Though I'm not sure of his SN

Rifester

Reaction score
I am going up that way in a few weeks and may try to stop by. I have to go to and event at Great Lakes Brewing Company while I am north. I won't be spending $20 for a bomber...

OP
Yooper

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I am going up that way in a few weeks and may try to stop by. I have to go to and event at Great Lakes Brewing Company while I am north. I won't be spending $20 for a bomber...
The triple IPA is a seasonal, and I didn't pay $20, I don't think! But all of their beers are phenomenal, and you'll like whatever you choose. Their regular IPA is really nice (forget the name of it right now, though!) and I enjoyed it very much.

madbaldman

Reaction score
I see it in at the beer store but haven't yet tried it. Given the reviews here, I'll grab some on my next visit.

Rifester

Reaction score
Thanks Yooper! I am going to try to stop by there or at least pick a few up when I am in the area. I will post my findings!