Hop Tolerant Lactobacillus?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TipsySaint

Reaction score
Anyone know what strains of Lacto are most hop resistant? Looking at doing a beer with about 20IBU.....Short aging (3 months) would like some lacto character.....don't want the hops to kill it all....

The new Wyeast lacto is reputedly hop tolerant. If you can find some Jester King Noble King, those dregs should work.

Any word on what the actual IBU limit is for the Brevis?

I used 3203 (which I believe contains Lacto Brevis) for my first sour, but may have overdone it with the hops (IBU's should only be 16, but with late additions).

I also have another packet of brevis that I am hoping to use to sour a saison and a porter in secondary in the near future.

You can do a few tests for it to see if it's still present and active, bring some or all of your wort to 100F for a couple of days and you should notice a steep increase in the sourness of your beer, and i don't mean funk, i mean warhead sour....

Back