Hop T-Shirt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jared311

Reaction score
Eh, maybe not the typical DIY project but it was quick and easy.

What you need:

* Blank stencil sheet
* Razor
* Tape
* Silkscreen paint
* Sponge
* T-shirt

Grab your blank stencil and start cutting out your pattern and you will end up with something like below
attachment.php

Stretch out the shirt and tape the stencil down. Then just dab the paint on gently making sure not to move the stencil. Let it sit for an hour so so before removing the stencil. Let the paint dry for an additional three days. Finally, place a paper towel over the paint and heat set it in with an iron. Now you have a badass t-shirt.
attachment.php

The white t-shirt was just a test. Next I am going to work on a green shirt and use a lighter green paint. I was thinking of throwing some text on there too if anyone has any clever ideas.

shirt.jpeg

stencil.jpeg

Damn, you guys must have your jared311 filter enabled...

No clever suggestions for text to go on the shirt?

I like it. Should look great with the light green on a green shirt. Maybe you could get two tones of light green ink - reverse the stencil and make it look like two offset hop cones in a bunch. Lighter one under the dark one.

Nice work!

Thank for all the feedback. I hand drew the hop with a permanent marker on the stencil.

Based on the feedback, I am going to make the leaves more pointy. So far the winning slogan goes to Brew-happy with "Hops, its what's for beer".

Alright, here's a quick makeover of the hop.

* got rid of the heart shaped leaves
* made the leaves more pointy
* added more leave clusters towards the bottom

Keep the critiques coming please :mug:

hop_outline.jpg

No no, I didn't mean it like that. It's a great drawing, and it looks very hoppy.

I just scrolled down so all I could see was the bottom tip, and the pointy leaves (characteristic of hops) made me think of artichokes. Sorry, didn't mean to make you paranoid about it. The drawing looks great.

Haha, I am a little paranoid. WHO SAID THAT?

Alright, so now we have:

"Got hops?" - BierMuncher

"Hops, its whats for beer" - Brew-Happy

I am thinking of something similar to the warning for a ride

The following people should not drink:
* Those with heart conditions

The following people should not drink my homebrew:
* Those who truly believe that Budweiser is the King of Beers
* People who can't spell Reinheitsgebot
* Those who don't know the difference between an APA, IPA, and IIPA

Jarad..Dude I totally dig it. Good work man. How many washes will it take, do you think?
Huh a stencil and paint. Who would have thought?
As for a slogan “Get Hops or GTFO!”...maybe just a tad too much?
how about "Hops... The other Drug" That just might get people guessing
Cheers
Jay

Jarad..Dude I totally dig it. Good work man. How many washes will it take, do you think?

Thanks JayBird. It should last just as long as any other shirt if you use silkscreen paint. One step I forgot to mention which prolongs the life of the paint is letting it dry for three days. Then placing a paper towel over it and heat setting it in with an iron.

That's a cool idea, another thing you could try is take a dark shirt and spritz it with a bleach solution from a spray bottle across the stencil.

What about

"Hops, The Fruit of Love"
Or
"Hops, My Addiction"
Or
"It's a Hops thing, you wouldnt understand" (stolen from It's a jeep thing you wouldnt understand)
Or
"Welcome to the Hoppy Nation"

Let me think a little more

"Hops, the only thing better then ridding off to Vegas, tripping on acid and catching a Circus De Sole show."

a little long but I think most will get it haha

Or

"Your beer called.....Its missing Hops." or something like that.

That's a cool idea, another thing you could try is take a dark shirt and spritz it with a bleach solution from a spray bottle across the stencil.

That sounds like an awesome idea. I was using a sponge to give it a rough look and sprayed bleach would accomplish that as well. Cheers!

You guys are coming with some great ideas. I might have to setup a poll soon to choose the winning slogan. Thanks :mug:

Alright, so here is what the stencil looks like now.
attachment.php

And this is what it produces.
attachment.php

Unfortunately, I like the way the stencil looks a lot more then the hop it produces. I might switch to making a stencil for the outline instead.

stencil2.jpg

hop2.jpg

How about stealing something from Nike? Just Hop It! or Just Dry Hop It! No, neither of those sound good and if someone's mind is in the gutter........well it doesn't take too much imagination to twist it.

I don't know about other parts of the country but I found the items needed at Hobby Lobby and I reckon Michael's Craft's or whatever should have what's needed too.

Yup, I got all the items above from AC Moore, but Michaels should have all the same. I like the sound of "Just dry hop it!"

Front:----Back:
iKeg------Homebrew
iHop------For flavor and aroma
iLove-----Me some hops
iLove-----That sticky green (311 fan might partake?)

Stolen from the T.O. Cowboys shirt line...

Some other ideas:

"Feeling hoppy, punk!"

"Get hoppy"

"Hops on board"

"Hops: the new green"

"Not your mother's hops"

"Ask me about hops" :D That should get you a lot of questions!

"It ain't beer without hops"

This is fun! I like the second stencil more BTW.

How about: I use more hops in my one beer than Buttwiper has in a keg..."

or..."Hops...the difference between REAL BEER and Kool-aide"

or..."Hops...it's what makes REAL BEER stand alone..."

or..."HOPS...it's for whatever ALES you..."

Back